Observer

Voicemail

I was recently converted from Insight to Time Warner. I was instructed to set up voice mail as part of the transition. With Insight I was able to get an E-mail alert on my computer when someone left a phone message. When I opened the E-mail alert I had the ability to click on a web address to get an IMMEDIATE playback of the voice message. Now that I have set up voice mail as part of my Time Warner phone service I get an E-mail alert with an address that I have to copy and paste in a browser to bring up the Time Warner site that requires me to enter a User ID and password to be able to get the voice mail messge. I am hoping that I have missed something and that there is a more convenient and expedient process to hear my voice mails with an E-mail alert. However if this process can not be changed and the justification for this cumbersome process is security I have a problem with that logic. IMO security levels should be determined by the user.

Everyone's Tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Voicemail

Hey Roundman, just wanted to share this solution with you.

Login to voicezone.timewarnercable.com and click on the Voicemail Settings link. Scroll down to the section labeled "notify me by email" and look for your email address. To the right you should see 2 check boxes. The first one has a speaker icon above it. This is the one you are looking for. Selecting it will attach the actual audio to the email.

In case you are curious, the second box with the printed page icon will attempt to transcribe the message into text and include it in the email body.

Hope this helps!

Observer

Thanks JoeF. I made the changes that you suggested and the Voice Mail to E-mail works the way I had hoped. Where can I find a manual on the TWC web site that details the changes you provide and other changes that may enhance my TWC home phone experience? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Participant

That work, yet we cant access our voicemails via that site....

Contributor

Roundman,

The instructions I provided can be found here, albeit in less detail. I apologize if they weren't clear enough to assist you:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/faqs/faqs-phone/voicezone/voicemails/how-...

There's an FAQ for all the features of our Voicezone site here:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/faqs/faqs-phone/voicezone.html

I hope this is helpful. Please feel free to update this thread if you have any more questions. I'll do my best to answer them for you.

-Joe

Contributor

Dogbert,

Voicemails can be accessed from our Voicezone site. Here's a link to the instructions. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to address them for you.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/residential-home/support/faqs/faqs-phone/voicezone/visualvoic/how-...

-Joe

Participant

@TWC Employee,it was not working as of the time of the post, now it is.