Contributor

VoiceZone Connect is being discontinued

My original post appears to have been deleted....

I just received a letter in the mail from Spectrum indicating that they are going to discontinue VoiceZone Connect on 12/2/17 due to "low customer usage".  I have relied on this application in conjunction with NomoRobo for years to help thwart the ever increasing hoards of telemarketer calls that I get daily.  VoiceZone Connect has been especially useful lately, as telemarketers are now beginning to use more phony area codes and prefixes in an attempt to defeat or fool Nomo Robo, and I am able to block both of these with it.  It also serves as a log to advise me who called and when.

I am VERY dissapointed that Spectrum would eliminate a valued feature while constantly increasing the rates that we pay for the services.

10 REPLIES
Highlighted
Contributor

VoiceZone Connect is being discontinued

I just received a letter in the mail from Spectrum indicating that they are going to discontinue VoiceZone Connect on 12/2/17 due to "low customer usage".  I have relied on this application in conjunction with NomoRobo for years to help thwart the ever increasing hoards of telemarketer calls that I get daily.  VoiceZone Connect has been especially useful lately, as telemarketers are now beginning to use more phony area codes and prefixes in an attempt to defeat or fool Nomo Robo, and I am able to block both of these with it.  It also serves as a log to advise me who called and when.

I am VERY dissapointed that Spectrum would eliminate a valued feature while constantly increasing the rates that we pay for the services.

Observer

Re: VoiceZone Connect is being discontinued

i had to use an old computer time to make voice zone connect even install with adobe air
Contributor

VoiceZone Connect works with an application called VoiceZone Enhanced that dosn't require Adobe Air.

Established Sharer

It might be time to port your phone service to ooma. Their premiere service is intergrated with Nomorobo.

Observer

TO SPECTRUM:

I got your letter saying you were discontinuing VoiceZone Connect due to "low customer usage." Of course it's low; one of the first things you did after buying out Time Warner was to remove this app from the website so that no one could download it. Then, when people were having connection problems using this app, it took you many weeks to get around to fixing them. Other problems still exist, which you haven't fixed. A sure way to kill an app is to make it unavailable and then not fix problems with it.

I depend on this app every day, as do many other people. It was one of the reasons I switched to TWC phone instead of using a landline. Removing a valuable app, effectively decreasing attractive features, while raising prices, is the sign of a company that is all about its bottom line, rather than providing good service to its customers.

Contributor

Yep - It's gone as of this morning. It won't allow me to log in.

Are there other providers that provide a feature similar to VoiceZone Connect to log and control callers?

This was the most important feature of my phone system

Observer

I too relied heavly on VoiceZone Connect. I suffer from many illnesses and have severe trouble sleeping, so if or when I finally am able to sleep, the last thing I want is to be awakened by telemarketers.  But in turn, I still want to hear from a few and VoiceZone Connect lets me allow those people to get to hold of me.

I thought I'd never say this but I want Time Warner back.

Spectator

I do not think Spectrum should discontinue Voicezone connect....we pay our BILL every month...the program is USEFUL in my opinon....I use the program everyday, several times---might be time for me to change to another company...TWC was the best...

Seasoned Contributor

I agree VoiceZone used with VoiceZone Enhanced software was very useful in blocking telemarketers, scammers and other unwanted callers.  It allowed complete area codes to be blocked.  It providee unlimited numbers of blocked numbers.  I used the forward feature to forward scam callers to other known scammers.  I get several scam/telemarketer calls per day.  Spectrum has really degraded their phone offering to the point I will probably seek my cable/internet/phone which costs me over $210 per month with Spectrum, to another provider.  AT&T and Google Fiber are now in my area.