Contributor

Re: VZ_Enhanced stop working

Mine also quit working sometime after 2:00 PST. Both VZ and VZE are down.

Contributor

ramair wrote:

Tried new version dated today, still does not work.  Looked at message log, shows "ERROR CCS:not acceptable".  Help Eric!

That error message was thrown by the VoiceZone server. I have no idea what it means to be honest. TWC/Spectrum keeps their error messages kind of cryptic. It's 100% a server issue.

Rookie

Same issue. Can't even login. Eric says it's a problem on their end. Suggest people call to complain and threaten to move service. They should be paying Eric for his program!

Contributor

Well, here we go again!

I wonder if they even knew it was working for a spell?

Stay tuned!

Rookie

I just spent an hour on the phone, first with a nitwit CSR then with someone who sounded as if she at least had half a clue. The first one kept insisting that the problem was with Eric's program (which it clearly isn't) and the second one could only check out my modem and rule out any possible issues then suggest that Eric contact them. I suggested that they PAY Eric for his program and admit they have no idea what they are doing. I wonder sometimes if their incompetence is intentional.

Contributor

I was able to log in without issues just now and receive an incoming call in the log. Hopefully the service stays working. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
Contributor

It's also working for me now.

Rookie

Me too. I guess calling and complaining does pay off sometimes. Let's hope they don't screw it up again. I can't go back to having all those **bleep** telemarketers getting through on my phone and I can't change my number. Had it too long and have too many business cards!

Rookie

And thanks again to Eric for creating the program in the first place. If TWC had any brains they would have done it themselves.

Rookie

July 4, 2017  My VZ Enhanced is working.  Specifically, as a startup program under Windows 10 Creators, it logs in.  It shows the caller ID and phone number when I call home from my cell phone.  I don't know if has blocked any calls but I have not had any unwanted calls get through.  I am in Pawleys Island, SC.