Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Spectrum Voice Directory Assistance Question?

Hello,

I know that Spectrum Voice provides Free LOCAL 4-1-1 Drectory Assistence along with Unlimited Nationwide Calling.  Suppose I needed Directory Assistance for a number in another state?  Is that free as well?  If not , what is the cost?

Satch

3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum Voice Directory Assistance Question?

@Satch

I've included a link to the Voice Services Price Guide that was updated on 6/15/17.  The guide states that Directory Assistance is included in the Spectrum Voice Package.  It does not make a distinction between local and long distance directory assistance.   It does appear that there is an additional charge, starting at $1.99 when the call is operator assisted or person to person.  Exceptions include individuals who require operator assistance for accessibility.  Hope this helps answer your question.  @Julia_R may have some additional informaiton.   

Trusted Helper

@James_M wrote:

@Satch

I've included a link to the Voice Services Price Guide that was updated on 6/15/17.  The guide states that Directory Assistance is included in the Spectrum Voice Package.  It does not make a distinction between local and long distance directory assistance.   It does appear that there is an additional charge, starting at $1.99 when the call is operator assisted or person to person.  Exceptions include individuals who require operator assistance for accessibility.  Hope this helps answer your question.  @Julia_R may have some additional informaiton.   

Thanks James,

I know that under TWC-legacy that Directory Assistence was $1.99 per incident.  There was no free D.A.  Spectrum has always promoted the free 4-1-1 D.A so that $1.99 might be operator assisted calls to outside cities.

Satch

Trusted Helper

More info:

Now this is more information on Directory Assist that I did not know from Spectrum:

https://www.spectrum.net/support/voice/spectrum-voice-directory-and-directory-assistance/

The above link for me works ONLY in Private Browsing.  No information on charges.

The site here below says that  4-1-1 Directory Assistence and 9-1-1 emergency calls are free.  But my guess is that the 4-1-1 inquery must be about a local number, or the $1.99 incident applies to that and maybe the Special Directory Assistence mentioned in the first link that can only be accessed via Private Browsing.

https://www.bundleinternet.com/charter-phone

It still seems very unclear.  Maybe Julia will have additional information on the rates.

Satch