Spectator

POOR INTERNATIONAL CALL

I was switch AT&T to Spectrum this Feb 2018.

It's Poor call quality. (sound delay each other, not through,  hear the other person is talking,

differnt call tone,,,, lots problem)

I was contact Spectrum and got ticket number.

But not repair , fix over 2month, got 1 report email but not ever.

I was report 3times (call history and detail), but doesn't work.

Never happen with AT&T.

How can I contact supervisor?

Do I need switch AT&T ?

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: POOR INTERNATIONAL CALL

@take67wrote:

I was switch AT&T to Spectrum this Feb 2018.

It's Poor call quality. (sound delay each other, not through,  hear the other person is talking,

differnt call tone,,,, lots problem)

I was contact Spectrum and got ticket number.

But not repair , fix over 2month, got 1 report email but not ever.

I was report 3times (call history and detail), but doesn't work.

Never happen with AT&T.

How can I contact supervisor?

Do I need switch AT&T ?

Hi,

What you will most likely need to do is contact Spectrum to arrange for a tech visit to your home for a signal and drop line test.  This is where the tech checks the outside line, called the drop, that brings all your subscribed cable services into your home.  He looks for erosion in the line due to weathering, animal chews, and signal noise.  (Called "Ingress."  That line may have to be replaced.  Additionally, the tap, which is the foundation that holds the lines and wires together at the pole may need to be examined as well.   Before you schedule that visit, please answer the questions that follow:

Some questions for you that the rep will also need to know for the work order and for the service tech:

1.) What other Spectrum Services do you have?  (Cable TV, Internet?) Any problems with them?

2.) What international country did you try to call?

3.) Does the problem come up on every call you make?  Or only on international calling?

4.) Are you getting disconnects?

5.) Have you rebooted your modem?

You won't need a supervisor yet.  Answer these questions for us to help assist.  If you call Spectrum for the signal and drop line test, don't reboot any Spectrum equipment for six hours prior to your appointment.  Reboots reset the error codes, and the tech needs to see the error codes in his signal reading.

My thoughts are if the problem only is happening to that one call or country, it may have been a one time thing.  But if the other questions are "Yes" answers as well, you will need a signal and drop line test to investigate the quality of the signals coming into your home.

Satch

Spectator

Thank you your reply.

Actually my line is in my office(business account) .

1) I'm using internet and phone. No problem other device.

2) call to Japan

3) every call come up some kind of problem.

4) no disconnects

5) did it 

I  had exact same kind of problem 10years ago with KDDI ( international calls).

At the time, they fixed take 2weeks. Just they do repair their side, not my equipments and my side. Also they call me and ask my experience and quality after they repair.

This problem only international calls.

I was try over 20~30 times, different time, different area in my country, change new phone,

in two month experience.

I was wait update contact from Spectrum. Because chat staff tell me 

contact with  it should be within 72 business hours.

But never ever.

Trusted Helper

What's up Take?

So calling Japan is really the only problem.  I recall helping another customer with this some years ago, and he/she was having trouble calling China if memory serves correctly.  Thank you for telling us that calling Japan is the only real issue.  That tells us a ton!  You probablywon't need a tech visit.

Spectrum chat is not all that great for problem solving.  This is something that  is affecting you directly.  I would recommend sending a Direct Message to our excellent Moderator Staff at our forums.  Do that by sending a Private Message (PM) to this link @Forums_Help  Give them your account information and title your post "Poor Quality Calling Japan."  Ask the moderator team to open up a Support Ticket on this issue AND for them to give you the reference number for the ticket.

They MIGHT still want to send out a tech, but I would doubt it as calling Japan is the only problem with your Spectrum Voice (phone service.)  I would follow through with their recommendation.  In the meantime, allow about 10- 14 business days for this issue to be investigated.  This is a process that's going to take some time most likely, because it's isolated to one problem with a specific service, related to one country.  It could be the same thing as the excellent example that you gave above, or the same issue some years ago with the customer whom I helped who's calls to China were wonky, but everything else worked.  Spectrum may need to research any individual carriers that they use to provide international calls to Japan just to see if others are having that same issue.  Some people may not report this because they think, "So far away, international long distance, I am going to have a problem from time to time."  But this IS fixable.  Contact our mod team at the forums to begin the investigation.  You can certainly refer to this specific thread.

Satch

Spectator

Satch,

Thank you your help.

I just send private message.

And update here for future.

Thank you your time.

Spectator

Hello Satch are you here?

I just got message :

Thank you and we apologize for any service issue.  We are unable to assist directly with business accounts.  I have forwarded your issue to the local division for follow-up.  You should be contacted within the next 24 hours with an update.   I included the number that you provided as a contact number.  If there is a better number to reach, please let us know.  

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care

Should I wait?

Do you know business accounts same like private message center ?

Because it looks they give me the runaround. 

Please give me your idea if you have a chance.

Trusted Helper

@take67wrote:

Hello Satch are you here?

I just got message :

Thank you and we apologize for any service issue.  We are unable to assist directly with business accounts.  I have forwarded your issue to the local division for follow-up.  You should be contacted within the next 24 hours with an update.   I included the number that you provided as a contact number.  If there is a better number to reach, please let us know.  

Spectrum Social Media Customer Care

Should I wait?

Do you know business accounts same like private message center ?

Because it looks they give me the runaround. 

Please give me your idea if you have a chance.

Thanks,

I didn't know that you had a Spectrum business account.  Yes, do what they suggest.  Wait for 24 hours and than if they don't follow up, reply at that time back to them.  I don't have a business account, so maybe this would be something that you could clarify with replying to your topic on the board.  Right now, wait for their follow up and see what happens.

Satch