Highlighted
Rookie

No call detail and no voicemail detail

For several months we have been unable to see any call history in our account. Also, any voicemail detail is now missing and has been for weeks - just the message, sorry we are unable to show voicemail at this time , something like that. It is extremely frustrating. Also, we have tried using chat (to no avail) and since there is no way to email Spectrum for support that means spending time on the phone waiting.... 

Now, we have to manually access voicemail which is a pain since most of the messages are solicitors -- we only have the cable phone so my wife can connect her pacemaker monitor to upload weekly diaagnostics. Any suggestions? Or maybe customer support monitors these boards and will see how frustrating this is? 

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: No call detail and no voicemail detail

@psaustin wrote:

For several months we have been unable to see any call history in our account. Also, any voicemail detail is now missing and has been for weeks - just the message, sorry we are unable to show voicemail at this time , something like that. It is extremely frustrating. Also, we have tried using chat (to no avail) and since there is no way to email Spectrum for support that means spending time on the phone waiting.... 

Now, we have to manually access voicemail which is a pain since most of the messages are solicitors -- we only have the cable phone so my wife can connect her pacemaker monitor to upload weekly diaagnostics. Any suggestions? Or maybe customer support monitors these boards and will see how frustrating this is? 

Hi,

Best way to get help would be to contact the Spectrum moderator team on these boards.  Send a PM with your account information to @Forums_Help and they will contact the right department to expedite this issue.

On your other issue, you can stop the Robocalls and solicitors by activating Nomorobo.  A free service from Spectrum for Digital Phone customers:

1.) Log into your account by going to My Account, the same way you log into the forums.

2..) Go to your Phone (Voice) Settings

3.) Find the "Peace and Quiet" feature in your phone settings

4.) Set "Nomorobo" to on and say yes to activate "Answer Anywhere." if prompted.

5.) Save your changes.

Now, with Spectrum Phone, calls are screened on the first ring.  If it is a Robocall, Spammer, or Telemarketer, Nomorobo hangs up on the caller so they can't leave a message.  Legitimate calls and important calls from pharmacies, doctors, hospitals, and schools are allowed through.  Since turning on Nomorrobo three years ago, we have had only TWO telemarketer calls able to leave a message.  Users can also report numbers that are not being blocked at Nomorobo's website, as well let them know about any calls that are being blocked that should be coming through.

The effectiveness of Nomorobo has been amazing!  It has had about a 99% success rate at stopping Robocalls and Telemarketers.  If you have cable TV service, the call will be shown on Caller ID on TV, but is dropped after the first ring.

Satch

Lead Moderator

The call detail will only show billable calls, not all incoming and outgoing calls.

The lack of information on the voicemail is definitely something we would need

to look into. 

If you don't want to call you can also reach out to our Social Media Customer Care 

team 24 hours a day at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Trusted Helper

@Julia_R wrote:

The call detail will only show billable calls, not all incoming and outgoing calls.

The lack of information on the voicemail is definitely something we would need

to look into. 

If you don't want to call you can also reach out to our Social Media Customer Care 

team 24 hours a day at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

or
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.

Hi Julia,

Why would billable calls even be shown in Call History, as the big great feature of TWC/Spectrum Phone Service is "Unlimited Nationwide Calling?"

Satch

Lead Moderator

Morning @Satch

Some of our legacy packages do not have unlimited. I suspect that is why those are still listed. 

I am not sure if  we will see a change to what is listed in the future,  in my opinion

it would be a handy thing to have. 

Regards,
Julia R.