Newcomer

My phone not accepting incoming calls

I have been unable to get incoming calls . I reset the modem and then it could get some calls that would only last 30 seconds then disconnect. I spent about an hour on cell phone with support. They had me give them a call back number I gave my cell number 3 times for obvious reasons. They said I would get a call . My app is saying they tried 2 times to call my home phone which is now not working again.
6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: My phone not accepting incoming calls

@Stubby13004 wrote:
I have been unable to get incoming calls . I reset the modem and then it could get some calls that would only last 30 seconds then disconnect. I spent about an hour on cell phone with support. They had me give them a call back number I gave my cell number 3 times for obvious reasons. They said I would get a call . My app is saying they tried 2 times to call my home phone which is now not working again.

Hi Stubby,

You will need to set up a service call to check your signals and drop line.  Don't reset any equipment, (boxes, modems, or routers, ) for six hours as the tech will need to see the signal error codes.  Since you have already done the modem reset, and the problem persists, a tech will need to be dispatched to check your signals, lines, wiring, and modem itself.

Satch

Newcomer

They are supposed to call me , but they only try on my home phone, it says on my cell app that they called .
Trusted Helper

@Stubby13004 wrote:
They are supposed to call me , but they only try on my home phone, it says on my cell app that they called .

Sup?

I would say since you are having phone problems, get a Twitter Account or log into Twitter and follow the Ask Spectrum page.  Send a Direct Message on Twitter with your account information, that your Spectrum Phone service does not work and you need to schedule a signal and drop line test.  Let them know that you can't get a confirmation call via your landline because your phone is not working.  Here is the page:

https://twitter.com/ask_spectrum?lang=en

Set up the confirmation through your cell phone. Or some other contact,  Please contact us back if this does not work out for you.

Satch

Newcomer

Satch
I have called them again and the guy decided to reboot modem right away even after reading report. I did get service to come out and modem was replaced. It no longer disconnects after 30 seconds. This morning my tv and app said I was getting a call but no ringing. I checked phone and was a dial tone. I spoke to person who tried to call and they said it was a busy tone. It has only happened the one time so far so I don't know how bad it is .
Lead Moderator

Hi @Stubby13004

Have you tried a different physical telephone?

Are you using a cordless or corded phone?

Does the phone plug directly into the modem or are  you using your house wiring currently?

If you do a test call home on say a cellular telephone now do you get a ring or a busy signal?

If you are getting a busy signal try and unplug your phone from the modem and do another test call. Do you get a ring then? 

If you get a busy signal with the phone plugged in but get a ring when there is no phone plugged into the modem it would point to a problem with the telephone equipment. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

Julia_R
Since the service call, it has not received only 1 call, but it has not disconnected anymore. The original problem did on all phones and even when plugged directly into the modem.