Newcomer

Is There A Way To Block ALL Incoming Numbers Starting with Area Code + Exchange

Is there a way to block all incoming calls starting with your area code and exchange?  I cannot possibly enter 9,999 numbers in the block list for area code xxx, exchange yyy. 

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Is There A Way To Block ALL Incoming Numbers Starting with Area Code + Exchange

@cowboy177 wrote:

Is there a way to block all incoming calls starting with your area code and exchange?  I cannot possibly enter 9,999 numbers in the block list for area code xxx, exchange yyy. 

Hi Cowboy,

You can log into My Account and go to your Phone Settings, and see what options are offered to you for call blocking.  I think there is a way to set up Spectrum Voice so that you only get calls from numbers that you know.  Not sure, Review the Phone features to customize your Spectrum phone experience.

You can turn on Nomorrobo  along with Answer Anywhere to block Spammer and Telemarketer Calls by having the system hang up on them after the first ring.  It works great!  We have had it activated for three years, and only two Robocalls were able to leave messages.

Satch

Community Manager

Re: Is There A Way To Block ALL Incoming Numbers Starting with Area Code + Exchange

@cowboy177,

The only feature offered that fits what you are requesting, is to block ALL incoming calls, and then allow selected callers.   You can log into your account, select Phone then follow these steps:

1. Sign in to VoiceZone®.
  2. Select the Settings tab.
  3. Select the (edit) link for Peace & Quiet.
  4. Select the Accept Selected Callers tab.
  5. In the Add Phone Numbers to Your Call Accept list, enter a 10-digit phone number. (You may add up to 30 phone numbers.)
  6. Click Add to Call Accept List.
  7. Save your changes.
I've also included a link to Phone Support.  Please be aware that blocking all incoming calls will also block emergency services calls, unless those number are included in the Accept List.  Keep in mind that you can also make changes at anytime that take effect immediately, so if you are expecting a call from a number not listed, you can change the settings temporarily to allow calls.  Hope this is helpful and answers your question.