Rookie

Home phone call notifications on iPhone

Used to have a notification pop up on my iPhone whenever a call was received on my home phone.  That just stopped.  No change to my notification settings on the iPhone.  Calls to TWC did not clear anything up.  No one seems to know what happened.  Not critical but it was nice.  

6 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: Home phone call notifications on iPhone

Hi there.

A few questions, are you able to make and receive phone calls on the home phone?

Are you able to make and receive calls on the Phone 2 Go app? 

Do you have any trouble accessing your Voice Zone page? What version of 

the Phone 2 Go app are you using? Have you uninstalled, restarted the phone and 

reinstalled the app? When you first load it again it should promopt you to deny or allow notifications. Have you unplugged and rebooted your phone modem?

Can you walk us through the information you went over with support? 

Thank you!

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I I have an HTC phone which I used to receive notification of calls, that no longer happens either. I liked having that feature, wish they would get that fixed.
Lead Moderator

After doing some testing on our test account we are getting notifications when the app is not open in the background.

We also, when the app is open in the background, are able to get the calls 

and answer them. 

I would ask that any using the application delete the app, powercycle the telephone, reinstall the app. When you login make sure you allow notifications. Please then go to the settings and opt in for receiving the calls (if this is what you want). 

If you wish not to get the call but to get the notification only this works when the application is not open in the background. 

Regards,
Julia R.

Rookie

Hi, Julia.  Thanks for your response.  I did, prior to starting this thread, chat with TWC customer support regarding this.  They rebooted my home phone modem from their end but nothing changed as a result.  Let me recap the issue.  My home phone works great.  Make calls, receive calls with no problem.  I have never used the Phone2Go app.  I do have the My TWC and Spectrum TV apps on my IPhone.  Once upon a time a call made to my home phone would generate a notification to my IPhone.  Notifications are turned on for My TWC.  Notifications no longer appear.  I am on IOS 11.2.1.  Consumer cellular is my cell phone provider.  Thanks again for you help with this.

Lead Moderator

So that I am clear. You do not have the Phone2 Go app on the phone? 

To get notifications of calls to your home phone you need to have the Phone2 Go application on the phone you wish to get notification on. 

Were you seeing Voice Mail notifications or just when you got a call? When you login to 

your MyTWC app do you see voicemails listed in Voice Zone? 

Regards,
Julia R.

Rookie

Hi, Julia.  I have never been a Phone2Go app user.  Also do not have Voice mail set up for the home phone.  Have an answering machine on the home phone..  Despite all of that I was getting notification on my IPhone whenever a call was received on the home phone.  Not a voicemail notification.  Just that a call was received.  I will, however, load the Phone2Go app on my IPhone to see if that would allow notifications to resume.  Thanks.