Rookie

False directory assistance (411) charges

I received my bill and there was an adjustment for directory assistance charge made in Nov.  There are four people that have access to the phone,  two live here , two are frequent visiters.  All do not recall using directory assistance.  When I called Spectrum to despute the charges they could not give me any details except that it happen on Nov. 2 and last for minute 30.  After two calls I disabled the 411 feature to my phone.  A feature that has never been used since 1987. Yes I have been a TWC / Spectrum customer almost continuously for that long.  Is anyone else getting false directory assistance charges?

2 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: False directory assistance (411) charges

Msheehan3 wrote:

All do not recall using directory assistance.  When I called Spectrum to despute the charges they could not give me any details except that it happen on Nov. 2 and last for minute 30.  

Sounds like  politician speak... "I do not recall..."

Curious, how does a 411 call last for 30 minutes? I've never used it but does 411 keep charging for the duration of the call if they connect you?

Highlighted
Established Sharer

Re: False directory assistance (411) charges

Back in the days of Ma and baby Bells, you paid a fee for 4-1-1 or 555-1212, and then the operator would offer to connect you directly for an additional fee...  And unless you had message rate service back then, you paid by the minue.  So if the above was the case for the OP, the caller dialing 4-1-1 for a phone number, the operator offered to connect the caller, and then a 30 minute conversation ensured afterwards...