Newcomer

Duplicate phone number

The home phone number assigned to me by Spectrum is the same as someone else’s. I CANNOT get customer service. In the meantime I’m worried that I am missing important phone calls. Spectrum costumer service or rather lack thereof is completely unacceptable, and this coming from a former Comcast customer. Any advice out there?

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Duplicate phone number

@Msberg wrote:

The home phone number assigned to me by Spectrum is the same as someone else’s. I CANNOT get customer service. In the meantime I’m worried that I am missing important phone calls. Spectrum costumer service or rather lack thereof is completely unacceptable, and this coming from a former Comcast customer. Any advice out there?

Hello Ms. Berg,

I would contact the help section of this forum through PM.  Send your name, address, and account information to @Forums_Help and a few details for their investigation.  Answers to the following questions will help:

• Are you a new customer or existing customer from Spectrum?
  • Did you port over, (transfer) your phone number from another company, such as Verizon or T-Mobile ?  Or is this a brand new landline number that they just assigned to you?
  • When was the phone install?
  • When did you realize that the phone number was wrong?

These guided questions will help the mod team.  They will send this information to the Spectrum Voice  (Phone Department.)  I would also suggest providing an email where you can be reached, since right now, you don't have the right number assigned to contact you.

Hope this helps!

Satch

Lead Moderator

Re: Duplicate phone number

Good afternoon.

Please do contact us, you can also contact support directly online through 

our Social Media Customer Care team at:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

OR
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.