Newcomer

Caller ID on TV not working

I followed the instructions for showing caller id on the tv and tried calling with my cell phone but nothing showed up....any suggestions?  The remote controll settings does say the prompt is on.

5 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Caller ID on TV not working

trish_56 wrote:

I followed the instructions for showing caller id on the tv and tried calling with my cell phone but nothing showed up....any suggestions?  The remote control settings does say the prompt is on.

Hi Trish,

Is this a new or recently swapped box?  If it is, Caller ID can take up to 24 hours to active.  Usually it will begin loggin the calls within 12 hours of a new box, but it can take a full 24 hours.  What is the model of your box and in what city are you located?  We had a recent bug here in the Metro-Wisconsin area, where Caller ID was logging the same numbers about five-eight times each.  This issue has since been fixed.

If the box is not new or recently swapped, make sure the prompt is on and give it about 12 hours.  It should be up and running before tomorrow night.

Satch

Browser

I have the exact same issue here. Cable box is the same Ive had for years.  Verified my settings.  None of the calls appear on the TV

Newcomer

Do you have to have a cable box to enable caller ID on TV feature?

Valued Participant

My neighbor had this problem when her box was swapped. We had to call technical support because it was not visible in the settings option. They had to update her box off site with that option.  Not everyone has the TWC phone or wants that feature enabled.

Yes MrBubu you need a cable box and the TWC phone service

Trusted Helper

MrBubu wrote:

Do you have to have a cable box to enable caller ID on TV feature?

Hello,

Yes, a TWC Cable box AND TWC Digital Phone Service are required to have TWC Caller ID on TV.  Notes to remember:

1.) New or swapped  boxes can take at least 24 hours to activate this feature.

2.) Under Settings for Caller ID and Set Up. The Prompt is set to "On" by default.  You can turn this off if you don't want the prompt to show during a show or movie.

3.) The Call Log WILL STILL RECORD calls with the Call Prompt off, or the box off, you just won't see the prompt when a call comes through.

Satch