Rookie

Anyone know how to change the number of rings before Voicemail picks-up?

I've been trrying to change the number of rings before voice mail picks-up with no luck.  Couldn't find anything on the TWC website except a reference to Voice Manager, and neither could a TWC chat person.  Apparently Voice Manager is a Spectrum service, but when I try to sign-in to Spectrum with my TWC credentials, I get routed back to TWC.   Useless.

4 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Anyone know how to change the number of rings before Voicemail picks-up?

@BillyD wrote:

I've been trrying to change the number of rings before voice mail picks-up with no luck.  Couldn't find anything on the TWC website except a reference to Voice Manager, and neither could a TWC chat person.  Apparently Voice Manager is a Spectrum service, but when I try to sign-in to Spectrum with my TWC credentials, I get routed back to TWC.   Useless.

Good question.  I will research this.

Are you on a TWC or a Spectrum billing plan?  It sounds like you are still on a legacy TWC plan.  There is frustration because before the merger, pages for people still on legacy TWC that are showing Spectrum plans get re-routed back to TWC.  I know this because I am still on a TWC plan.

I would recommend browsing in Private Mode.  That seems to stop the redirects.  Google Chrome calls this "Incognito Mode."  Menu options have ways to browse in private for all browsers.

Try logging into your Voicemail Settings at this site below, putting your browser in Private Mode: There is a solution below and the date of post is well before the merger to Spectrum.

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment-Voicemail-Features/Number-of-Rings-Before-Voice-Mail-...

Post back and let us know what happens.

Satch

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

Good morning!

For selecting the number of rings to voicemail you 

will want to login at Spectrum.net with your TWC ID and password. It does not

matter if you have migrated to a Spectrum plan or are on a Legacy TWC plan.

If you are getting redirected to another site please clear your browser history,

cache and cookies and try again. If you still are getting redirected please use an 

incognito window.

Once you are able to login you will want to click on " My Phone"

After clicking on that  you will go to a new page, please click on call Call Forwarding.

Once there you will want to select "Forward Calls When No Answer" and turn on, and select 

number of rings and click save changes. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

I’m on the app, and under Manage Phone Settings | Call Forwarding I only get two options: 1) ON and OFF, and 2) Forwarding phone number. No option to change number of rings. My voicemail picks up after 3 rings and I need at least 5. First ring gets my attention, second ring I run to the phone, and third ring I look at the caller ID. While I am processing whether or not the number is familiar to me, voicemail already kicks in. I need another ring or two.
Lead Moderator

You would want to be on the webpage not through the App.

Spectrum.net 

Once you login navigate to the My Phone. You are specifically looking for Forward Calls When No Answer.           You can select up to 10 rings. 

step3.PNG