Browser

All in one printer/fax

I have one phone line. How do I set it so that I can receive a fax?  Does Time Warner have an option so that one can receive a fax?

10 REPLIES
Spectrum Employee

Re: All in one printer/fax

You would have to connect your fax machine to the phone line. No setting have to be changed on our side in order for you to recieve a fax. Thanks for participating.

Newcomer

I have set up my phone to either anwser calls or automatically recieve a fax. Because of this Voice Zone will not work because after the 5 second pause it is looking for a fax. The only time Voice Zone leaves me a message if I am on a phone call then Voice Zone will anwer. I had to set up a seperate answering machine to solve this but I would rather use Voice Zone

Any help would be aprreciated 

Rookie

There's not much you can do about this. Once anything (like a fax machine) answers the call, there's no way it can go to voicemail. Your only alternative would be to use a third-party voicemail / fax service (which will detect a fax and send it to you by email). Then set your TWC number to Call Forward - No Answer to this service. 

Seasoned Contributor

There is a possiblity:

I seem to remember that there is an option to have 2 differant Telephone Numbers go to the same hard like, each with it's own ring style.  If this is availible, and you get it, you can have your fax listen for a specific ring to recieve faxes.

I see to many with good legs who refuse to walk,
good eye's who refuses to see,
and good heads who refuses to think.
Trusted Helper

ghorowitz wrote:

I have set up my phone to either answer calls or automatically receive a fax. Because of this Voice Zone will not work because after the 5 second pause it is looking for a fax. The only time Voice Zone leaves me a message if I am on a phone call then Voice Zone will answer. I had to set up a separate answering machine to solve this but I would rather use Voice Zone.

Any help would be appreciated.

The work around for this is to do what we did with our All in One Printer/FAX. Set the FAX receive option in your printer software settings to Manual.  We have an answering machine instead of TWC Voice Mail, and the reason why we set it to Manual was to not to have the answering machine kick in when a FAX was coming. (We use the same phone line for calls/FAX.) If you do this, your TWC Voicemail should work properly.  The only thing is you will have to hit the FAX receive button on your All in One Printer  after changing the FAX setting to Manual when the phone rings and you know it is a FAX coming through.

Consult your All-In One Printer Manual, or do an online search for instructions on Receiving Faxes Manually for your make and model of printer. (Receiving FAXES manually on my [all in one make/model] printer.)  That should help.

Satch

Rookie

Crazy question?  I just setup a wireless router.  I have an all-in-one printer/fax/scanner that worked previously by being connected to my wired computer.  What is the configuration for the wiring now - phone line from back of printer to where?  I can't fax because the error is "an active phone line was not detected".

Thanks for any help!

afb
Rookie

Good luck with this!  I switched from a land line to TWC's Digital Phone service almost 2 years ago.  I had a fax machine that worked just fine with the land line and TWC said it should work fine with their service.  It did not.  After a year and a half TWC finally got the fax machine to work BUT my wireless printer no longer prints wirelessly.  Mind you printer prints just fine connected to laptop.  So it's not the printer.  TWC says I have to pay an extra 10 bucks a month for WIFI fee.  Why?  IDK. 

So good luck with your fax issue. 

ASB
Newcomer

Re: How to Set Up & Receive a Fax using digital phone, wifi and All in one printer/fax ?

Hello:

I don't know if it is possible, but if so, I'd appreciate if anyone could tell me how to set up my system so that I can receive a fax.

I have home network (wifi) connected via a TWC modem and a Netgear Router in the basement. 

I have a Brother All in One Printer/Fax/Scanner which is set up to print wirelessly on my home wifi network, and located in the basement (but it isnt close to the wifi cable modem/router).

I have TWC digital phone service and Panasonic Dec10 Cordless Phones, the base unit of which is plugged into the TWC phone/TV modem on the main floor, and the second handset located in the basement.

Is it possible to somehow set this up to receive a fax on my printer?  If so, what do I need to do?

Thank You.

Highlighted
Rookie

Re: How to Set Up & Receive a Fax using digital phone, wifi and All in one printer/fax ?

I was able to send and recieve Faxes with some help of HP support.

My equipment:

Printer: All-in-one officejet HP6500A

and

Fax Modem: Arris Modem TM602G

On the Fax setup, set fax auto answer to off. Go to the advance fax setup and set error correction mode to off and fax speed to 9600 bps.

Connect phone jack to line 1 on the Arris modem and the other end off the line to jack 1 on the back off the hp printer. Run the second line to the phone from the printer.

To check proper fax function send the test fax first by dialing HP faxback service number 1888-473-2963 from your phone. Do not use dialer on the hp printer.  Put blank piece off paper into the fax machine.

Dial the number and when you will hear the fax tone, hit start button to send fax.

In 3-5 minuts you will recieve faxback call from hp system to conform you setting.

To recieve fax use manual option on the hp settings.

Good luck