Newcomer

What to do with the equipment when no longer using service?

I will be moving soon where IntelligentHome is not offered.  What can I do with the equipment?  Will Spectrum take it back?

6 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: What to do with the equipment when no longer using service?

@DonDonInNC wrote:

I will be moving soon where IntelligentHome is not offered.  What can I do with the equipment?  Will Spectrum take it back?

Yes,

Everything you get from Spectrum is their equipment and must be returned if you move or disconnect your services.  You can return the equipment to the store, or you can have Spectrum come pick up the equipment,  If you have Spectrum come pick up the equipment a truck fee is involved.

Insist on a receipt for all returns and exchanges and keep a copy in your billing records.  That is most important!

Satch

Lead Moderator

The Tablet/touchscreen, the router are all that need to be returned. (For the Intelligent Home service)  The cameras and sensors are yours to keep. 

If you have other services, the cable set top boxes, modem (s), remotes and powercords would need to be returned.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Not applicable

How do we reuse the cameras? Are they configurable? Are they IP v4 or IPv6?

Not applicable

Sell me your Cameras and give me your account details so I can get them removed from your account and added to mine. (If you have cameras) They (TW/Spectrum )do not keep track of serial numbers and who the equipment is associated which is just really absolutley unprofessional. I bought cameras from someone else on ebay and since they do not have account information, I am screwed. They SHOULD have had a system in place that kept track of what serial is assigned to what location. LAME.

Not applicable

The Spectrum person I spoke with apparently was clueless (see above). I was able to follow this video and connect two cameras. Just be sure you plug both the camera and the touchpad into the hub. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7xpMiR1R0w

Highlighted
Lead Moderator

The cameras are purchased and do not tie to the system, they tie to the 

touchpad.  Only the Touchpad and the router are the property of 

Spectrum. all other devies including glass breaks, motion detectors etc. 

You do not need to have the previous owners account information to re-use

the customer owned equipment.  

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums