Rookie

Several sensors losing communication then triggering alarm, several times in 2 weeks

Over the past 12 days, we've had multiple sensors lose connection with the alarm panel. Normally all but 1 will reconnect, but that 1 that doesn't re-connect then sets the alarm off (at the worst possible times...4am, 3am and once at noon. The noon episode was the first, it showed a safe tamper, motion in that area, then that an exit door (automatic trigger) was opened and left open. It only shows online and on the app that 'alarm triggered' but on the intelligentHome end, it was just a 'non connection.' I was confused that they never dispatched the police so I had a couple of my guys respond and sweep the house.

Anyone else having this issue? A tech is set to come out in several days, but in the mean time my panel will be beeping every 10 minutes showing the trouble.

If I arm it, there is good chance that the alarm will trigger with these issues.

I am NOT HAPPY!

4 REPLIES
Expert

Re: Several sensors losing communication then triggering alarm, several times in 2 weeks

Batteries are failing or there's wifi interference... probably both...

Rookie

Re: Several sensors losing communication then triggering alarm, several times in 2 weeks

I hope that it is just batteries! When we had this installed I had grave concerns about the size of our new home, simply because of it's size  (4200 sq ft double turned into single family residence. that is over 110 feet long and very deep). 

They convinced me that their system would be fine and we would not have connection issues....but I hope this is not proof of my initial concern!?

Expert

the batteries might last 3 years unless in an unheated area

life is only a year when temps fall below freezing.

Low battery probably reduces sensor transmit power.

Observer

If signal strength is the issue you can could fix it by adding either the lamp or applicance control modules.  They double as repeaters on the zigbee network.  

You can find them on eBay, the model numbers are 4256050-ZHAC for the lamp module and  4256050-RZHAC for the appliance module.

hope this helps.