Spectator

Kwikset SmartCode 914- Access Codes

So I purchased the Kwikset Smartcode 914, and was able to pair it successfully.

Though only now finding out, you can not change the access codes via the Time Warner TouchPad, nor through the app.

The whole reason I purchased this lock was so when I was away, I could add, delete or change codes.

The tech is available because the Kwikset instructions mentions, and recommends the access codes be change through one's smart home control systems.

This is the same lock that works Xfinity,  Ready Home, Cox Homelife, and Mediacom, so it must be an option for those systems.

TIME WARNER, PLEASE FIX THIS. 

Now if one needs to change the codes, you need to take apart the lock, to get to the program button.

3 REPLIES

Re: Kwikset SmartCode 914- Access Codes

I apologize for the confusion. Our system and app does not currently support being able to change the codes. The feature may exist for other companies but we do not currently support that feature. Your feedback has been passed along though for that feature to possibly be available in the future. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Expert

buy and have TWC install one that supports that feature.

MsRaye the only Kwikset lock we use is the 914. Our technicians do not install the locks they are self install only. We only assist with the pairing of the lock to our system if needed. The locks are only purchasable at Best Buy. We don't have the feature at this time. 

Tyleen
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Forum Moderator

Everyone's Tags (1)