Observer

Equipment availability

What is the contigency plan for when BestBuy sells out of the IH equipment? The light bulbs are currently out of stock, and I believe that is the only place to get these bulbs. I learned that the system won't pair just any smart bulb, after I bought a GE smart bulb and the system flashed a "not compatible" message at me. Having only one place to get equipment was really short-sighted on TWC's part - if they are at all concerned about customer satisfaction.

5 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Equipment availability

I take it this is Intelligent Home equipment??

Established Sharer

sjamij wrote:

What is the contigency plan for when BestBuy sells out of the IH equipment? The light bulbs are currently out of stock, and I believe that is the only place to get these bulbs.

-------------

Grab the part number off the Best Buy site and google it, you'll find plenty of sites claiming to offer the bulbs, and cheaper than BB, like here..

http://openboxdetective.com/p/lg-open-box-800-lumen-9-5w-a19-wireless-led-light-bulb-60w-equivalent-...

Highlighted

I have intelligent home and to be honest they are expensive. Your best bet is to do what I am doing. I have the amazon echo for voice control, gocontrol security (coming), nest thermostat and camera, and cree connected lights. Purchased the wink hub for $50 on amazon, the cree lights are $15 each and connect quick. Total home automation for no monthly fee and the lights are cheaper and always available.
Observer

Wink is the route I ended up going. With the IFTTT capabilities, I'm really happy with that choice. I'm just disappointed that TWC, as huge as it is, hasn't leaped into the present with home automation.

Observer

Yes, IH devices. I have the lock just because I had it before I got the Intelligenthome system. I thought it would be nice to have the lights AND lock controlled by the security system. Oh well.