Rookie

24 7 recording adapter???????

I had my IH installed last tuesday and well im not very happy. I talked to the technician about recording due to a neighbor making threats and he talked to us about 24 7 recording. I was excited and after IH was installed i called TWC and asked for 24 7 recording and after getting the whole "we can give you more TV and internet with that for only 1200$ more" (ok im exhagerating) i tried to check if it was recording and nothing.

I called back and was told an adapter wasnt installed. The technician was suppose to install a special adapter but after talking about having IH at home over and over im sure he took it home for himself. He almost left without changing our security code from preset 1234 to what we wanted. Anyhow i was told id get a call back but by friday i had to call again. I was then told the adapter i need was back ordered and they wouldnt get any until December 7th. Well i called again today and was told the adapters wouldnt be in until the end of the year. What the bleep??

I got IH because i wanted security not a headache.
6 REPLIES
Expert

Re: 24 7 recording adapter???????

Don't those come with a DVR to review camera activity as standard? That sux...

Spectrum Employee

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Intelligent Home system.  

If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact our Social Media team using one of the following methods:

Twitter: @TWC_Help
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/messages/twc
Email: twcable.help@twcable.com

If you do contact us, please include a link to your original post:

http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment-and-Components/24-7-recording-adapter/m-p/88103/highl...

Rookie

I really believe the installer probably took it home for himself. I recently had another camera put in because we have security lights in the backyard that continually popped on at eary morning hours. That installer said dayton ohio supposedly just got the 24 7 adapter but didnt have one on his truck. Still getting no answer about it.
Expert

get a harbor freight 25% off coupon and buy one of their 4 ch/ 4 camera DVR's  It will record for a month 24/7and is under $200 with the coupon.

It also has a web interface and can be watched locally or from any wifi location

Newcomer

I am responding to your post in support of your situation since no one else who is posting has any idea what you are talking about and I do. I also had the adapter but moved and did not realize the importance of the adapter and turned it in with all the equipment as requested. Then I found out that I should have kept it. The reps tell me they have no idea when they will get this adapter again. And for the folks on here, he is talking about the 24 hour playback for the Intelligent Home Security system. This has nothing to do with cable. I have since found out that ADT offers this adapter and it is in their inventory so I am planning now on making the switch. The whole reason I got the security system was for the 24 hour playback feature which did work but the system is pretty much pointless now. Good luck and try other services. 

Newcomer

I set up an appointment to have the 24 hour play back added to my service. Stayed on the phone with the rep for 30 minutes while he set it up. The tech came at 9am on a Sunday morning and said "This service is no longer available. There was a problem when they updated the software." My sister had 24 hour play back added to both of her cameras 1 week prior and she lives next door to me. Now I really don't see the point of having it. I'm not happy with TWC.