how do I access my email after I (not knowing) turned in my equipment? My account was immediately su

I did not realize one could not access their old email after the account was closed.  Spectrum tells me it has gone no way to retrieve even if I open a new internet account.  

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: how do I access my email after I (not knowing) turned in my equipment? My account was immediatel

This is why you should open an email account with one of the free services like gmail or yahoo that isn't tied to your ISP. 

Trusted Helper

Re: how do I access my email after I (not knowing) turned in my equipment? My account was immediatel

@reds91185wrote:

This is why you should open an email account with one of the free services like gmail or yahoo that isn't tied to your ISP. 

Agree Reds,

Our thread creator has several choices to create a free web-based email account:

Gmail.com- Very good webmail.  Also includes an excellent and free Office Suite compatible with Microsoft Office in the form of Google Drive.  15GB of free storage.

Yahoomail.com- Another great free alternative with a very cool Inbox interface.  Does not include an online office option, but still really good

Outlook.com- Free webmail for Outlook.  Signup also gives you a free Microsoft Account that you can use along with Office Online.  This is basic Microsoft Office functionality with about 80% of the features in paid MS Office versions.  More than enough for home users and light users.

Limitations for Office Online, are that you only get 5 GB of free space, compared to Google Drive's 15 GB, and a lot of people don't like Modern MS Office's web-interface ribbon.  You have to pay or earn Microsoft Point credits, or be on a grandfather-claused account to get more storage.

In ALL cases, make sure you have one (and only one) pop-up blocker for each browser to block web-mail ads.  Ad Block Plus is my favorite.  From time to time, Yahoo Mail over the past month or so shows a pop-up when you log in to your inbox to  Whitelist (turn off) ad blocking in Yahoo Mail.  If you get it, just click the X to close the prompt.  So many people hate the prompt in the Yahoo Community Forums, that they may be getting rid of the pop up prompt  It doesn't show up at log in any where near as much in the past.

Satch

I agree.  However I have this email for over 20 years using for small business.  Had other accounts, but did not change.  I just did not realize they were totally gone into cyberspace.  Even with new account no go. 

Thanks for your reply.  

Thanks for suggestions.