help with error: SMTP error: 554 dnvrco-cmimta15 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000

What does this email rejection notice mean and how do I prevent it?

host dnvrco-cmedge01.email.rr.com [69.134.155.135]

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

554 dnvrco-cmimta15 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000

I have talked to three people in TWC Technical Service. The first one said that it meant there was a problem on the rr.com server. The second and third person had no idea.

My private email server gets this error when sending email to @RR.com some of the time. The rr.com regions are WI, NYCAP, TWCNY and MI.

This is creating huge problems for me since I have many people I'm in contact with using the rr.com domain and I can't reach them from my mail servers with this IP: 52.87.69.75

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Sam

4 REPLIES

Re: help with error: SMTP error: 554 dnvrco-cmimta15 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000

[ Edited ]

(servers moved recently and this problem appeared)

Re: help with error: SMTP error: 554 dnvrco-cmimta15 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000

[ Edited ]

I also have several people who are having their messages to me bounce. It seems to effect those using Office 365 more than others but can still happen to others. This problem needs to be fixed ASAP.  

Lead Moderator

@Sam-Trumbore   I would suggest opening a support request at http://postmaster.rr.com/support_request

There may be an issue with your IP being blocked by our server.

Please include as much information as you can about the issue including 

the errors you have received.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Highlighted

This is what we suspected on our end.  Be helpful if you change the error message with instructions about how to resolve the situation ... or leave some directions someplace about how to correctly interpret the error message.  

We have some other clever ways to deal with spammers on our servers that don't block people entirely.  Be happy to discuss this as rejecting email like this is very distruptive to our businesses.  Delayed response or forcing retries often is very effective and not noticable to most users.   That can engage a learning mode to qualify IP addresses and maybe even subnet addresses too.  What would be really helpful for users who don't know their computers have been captured by a bot would be to reject email with a notice they should run anti-virus softway as they are likely infected.  That would serve everyone!

Their messages get through but the spammers move on!