Participant

Re: When will email issue be fixed?

This issue has been going on for six months. If they wanted to fix it, they would have. Email is not new technology.

My domain is registered at GoDaddy, which forwards all email to me. After hours on the phone with them and TW, I have learned that the delay is intentional by TW. I have heard that TW asked for payment to fix it,

Try routing all emails through Gmail. That has helped, but the service still is not perfect.

Also, do you have one of the lower cost TW Internet services, $45 or $50? Have you been getting a lot of promotional mailings for "business" Internet? Think about it.

There are two questions here:
--Why would a major Internet provider allow such a bad email system to continue? Email is a central service. However, think about it, where would you go other than TW? Frontier? not a good reputation. Verizon? Expensive and limited. There is no real competition and TW knows it.
--Now that the FCC wants to repeal the net neutrality rules, do you think this situation will get better?
I am hoping that the new high-bandwidth 5G wireless technology will allow more companies to compete in broadband. But, wide availability is at least five years away. Meanwhile, expect Spectrum to gouge you for bad service.

Participant

I also have suffered from the email issues listed and others associated with TWC/Spectrum. I offer a solution and/ or a temp work around. I am using Outlook 2016 as the email client application. To get around this and other issues I set up an account in EAS Microsoft.com (only because it is the same vendor for Office 2016 but Gmail or other providers also will work). I then forward all email coming into the TWC WEB mail to that account address and “Poof” all issues disappear. Then, after moving created folders from TWC in the Outlook Account to the Outlook Account, Outlook Folder List using drag and drop, from the TWC account in Outlook to the Outlook account and deleting the TWC account all is working flawlessly. So, sad an observation as they will not listen.

Hope this helps and I not just more noise.

John

Contributor

should not be that hard or involved - geez, it's just email!

Participant

John,

Sounds like it will work for some people.

I do not use Outlook. I use Eudora, an oldie but goody. I also don't use Microsoft Office and don't want to. I have used WordPerfect for 20 years, simpler and better.

It's a shame we have to resort to tricks to get email in a timely manner.

I have been monitoring external forums on this issue. On a Technet forum (technet.microsoft.com) many Charter subscribers complained about it over several years. So Charter seems to be the source. It is, therefore, no accident that the problems began when when Charter came into the picture. One poster on Technet said he had been told by a Charter tech rep that the company wanted to stop providing email. That seemed absurd to me, but I'm getting used to absurdity since Charter took over.

Techlady

Highlighted
Participant

Sorry techlady that you have continuing problems. With the workarround I am using it should be ok to use Eudora for email on another providers server. Just set it up with the new providers login requirements and then go back to TWC WEB page and forward all mail to new addy.

Good luck, I just gave up on TWC mail

John