Newcomer

When is Spectrum going to address the Spam problem with your Email Services?

I have been a TWC/Spectrum customer for like 20 years and I have used their email services for my personal email. My issue is the volume of spam that I get through your NC.RR.COM domain servers. After all these years, the spam problem has gotten worse, not better. I could not imagine having a business account with Spectrum given their lack of spam control. This poses a serious security risk for peope who use Spectrum's email services. If their is a business solution, why is this not being leveraged for your personal email servers? Your customers have certainly paid enough for you to implement a reliable spam control tool or service.

With growing competition and a higher level of security/spam support being offered by other vendors, it really becomes a matter of time until Spectrum's customers realize they can get better service elsewhere. Thus, I am interested in knowing when Spectrum plans on securing their email servers so that they are not passing along phishing and other malicious emails to their customers. Is there any plan to release more secure and complete spam filtering in the near future? And, in lieu of having a reliable filtering solution, is there any plan to improve current methods (i.e. reporting to spam block team via the UI) as they have been nearly completely ineffective?

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: When is Spectrum going to address the Spam problem with your Email Services?

I understand your frustration, but to be honest, I don't believe that maintaining email servers and continuously updating spam filters is high on their list of priorities.  For an ISP, especially today (as compared to 20 years ago), bandwidth and throughput are more important than email, especially when they are competing with companies who offer email service for free, and do a fantastic job blocking spam (such as Google and Yahoo!).

I recommend you begin transitioning away from an ISP based provided email address, and move to an email provider that will move with you should you move or change ISPs.

Trusted Helper

Re: When is Spectrum going to address the Spam problem with your Email Services?

@dstoffa wrote:

I understand your frustration, but to be honest, I don't believe that maintaining email servers and continuously updating spam filters is high on their list of priorities.  For an ISP, especially today (as compared to 20 years ago), bandwidth and throughput are more important than email, especially when they are competing with companies who offer email service for free, and do a fantastic job blocking spam (such as Google and Yahoo!).

I recommend you begin transitioning away from an ISP based provided email address, and move to an email provider that will move with you should you move or change ISPs.

Yes,

Go with Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com.  If you don't already have a browser ad blocker, get one, and only one for each browser on your system.  More than one can conflict.  I recommend Ad Block Plus.  This will stop 99% of the ads on web pages, including web mail.

Satch

Not applicable

Same here.... been with TWC for over 20 yrs and just had enough with this New Spectrum deal... so made the move to other provider.... was a pain.... but worth it!!!