Highlighted
Observer

When Spectrum takes over what happens to my RR e-mail accounts?

Will I get new e-mail accounts, and the old ones get deleted? 

Will I keep my e-mail accounts, but they are renamed, or not renamed?

Will there be much better filtering for misdirected e-mail spam?

(It seems RR had their e-mail lists compromised a decade ago and I've been getting mass spam to my account for no reason from many countries in many languages. Certainly not a secure place to do e-mail, at all!)

4 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: When Spectrum takes over what happens to my RR e-mail accounts?

[ Edited ]

It would all depend on what domains were included in the sale.

I am certain that they will eventually come up with something hybrid, such as your username remains the same, but the server / domain for your email address becomes user@spectrum.net or user@hvc.spectrum.net or something similar...

We just have to wait and see.  I am ceratin we will be provided with ample warning when the plans are finalized.

Expert

Your problem is not solved...

TWC/ spectrum refuses to answer.

people have brighthouse, wow, twc, roadrunner, Adelphia and I believe viacom email addy's

Participant

I have 7 email accounts through RoadRunner. Yesterday I recieved the following email from Charter in 2 of my accounts:

Don’t miss great things coming to your inbox.

View as web page

TWC IS NOW SPECTRUM

Please add our new email address
to your address book

We're changing our email address. Soon you will start receiving emails sent from spectrum@email.spectrum.com. To ensure you receive our emails in your inbox, please add our new email address to your address book. This new email address is not set up to receive reply messages.

We're also updating the name associated with this email address to Spectrum.

Sincerely,

Spectrum Support Team

© 2017 Charter Communications. All rights reserved. Time Warner Cable and the Time Warner Cable logo are trademarks of Time Warner Inc., used under license. |  Privacy Policy

This message was sent by Charter Communications. Please do not reply to this email as this email address is not monitored.

I have used Outlook as part of MS Office installed on my PC for many years. Have had the same email address since 1989. Hope they don't kill it.

Participant

Sorry, that should have been since 1998, not 1989.