Observer

Webmail page does not load on new computer

I was setting up a new laptop (Windows 10 Home 64 bit) and imported all our bookmarks from the older laptop.  I tried to access the webmail at https://webmail.cinci.rr.com but that page does not load.  I have tried it on Chrome, Firefox and Edge with the same result.  It does load on on our iPad (using Safari) and on our other Windows computer.  I tried to make sure all the browers and firewall settings are the same but still cannot get the page to load.  Any suggestions?  Thank You.

8 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Webmail page does not load on new computer

@kfox7

Please try https://mail.twc.com/ .  It routes to the same web server.   Let us know if it is still an issue.  

James M.
Spectrum Social Media Customer Care
Forums Community Manager

Observer

Thank you for the reply, and I forgot to mention that I had tried https://mail.twc.com and got the same result.  Again, this is only on the new laptop and not on our older desktop, but both are running the same windows version and firewall/antivirus.  

Community Manager

Thanks.  If you can access email on one device and not on the other, then the issue is with the device and not the email service.  You would need to check settings, firewalls, etc.  I would suggest contacting the new laptop manufacturer for assistance.  

James 

Observer

This problem continues on one computer only.  I have checked the Firewall, refreshed the ip address, flushed the DNS, reinstalled flash and allowed it always, and have done the same on Edge, Firefox and Chrome.  The web page will not load (webmail.cincy.rr.com or mail.twc.com) on this computer.  Can anyone else suggest something to try.  BTW, Windows 10 Creator (64 bit) same as my other computers where the web pages do load.  I have no other loading problems for any other web page I go to.

Observer

In my continued self-diagnostics efforts, I got a USB-Ethernet adaptor (laptop did not have a ethernet port)  and connected the laptop by ethernet cable (instead of wifi).  It now works.  So my issue is either with my wifi router or the wireless card in the laptop.

Observer

I am stumped.  Two laptops setting next to each other, on the same wifi network, using identical versions of Chrome and Windows 10 Creator 64 bit.  The new one cannot access the TWC webmail pages while the old laptop can.  The only difference I know about is the different Intel AC wifi cards in the laptops.  Settings all seem to be the same and both are running the most updated drivers.

Observer

On the laptop that won’t load webmail via Wi-Fi, I put in a USB wifi dongle and then disabled the internal Intel AC 3165 wireless card.  The webmail page loaded immediately. The problem is the internal wifi card and could be one of the settings.

Observer

I had contacted both Dell (laptop manufacturer and Intel) in regards to the problem I was having.  Dell just wanted me to update everything and then said it was an Orbi issue.  I disagreed since all the other wi-fi devices worked fine and I had no issues with them.  Intel responded back with a few suggestions (uninstall and update drivers for the 3165).  I sent a not back to Intel and the next day, they sent me a note with a couple of new things to try and stated that there were a few folks that had the newest update of Windows 10 having the same problem.  I went through the steps and EVERYTHING works great.  Here is what Intel suggested I go:

Intel told me to go in powershell as administrator. Windows 10 Creator has an option to run Poweshell as Administrator when you right-click the start logo. 

Then you need to fine the name of your wi-fi adapter: get-netadaptor

My adapter name is wi-fi.

Then you disable the RSC (receive segment coalescing)

I disable the RSC by typing in: disable-netadapterrsc –name wifi

Intel next suggested setting the wi-fi adaptor MTU to 1400.  I used the command below to find the highest MTU that did not return fragmented files.  1400 still returned fragmented files.  1300 did not, 1350 did not.  1375 did return fragmented files.  Thus I went with 1350.  The optimum number is somewhere between 1350 and 1375.

I found the correct mtu by typing in: ping www.google.com –f –l xxxx where xxxx is the mtu size going down until the ping packets returned were not fragmented.  I started with 1400 and eventually settled on 1350.

I set the mtu for the adapter by typing: netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface “wi-fi” mtu=1350 store=persistent

It all works.  Thank you.