Newcomer

Re: Webmail horribly slow (again, and again..and again....)

I also had the sloooow email responses, I called TWC and the representative suggested to sign into email using: mail.twc.com.

I did this and have  never  had quicker email retrival ever, this improved the reponse time tremendously - give it a try.

Browser

rfair3 wrote:

I also had the sloooow email responses, I called TWC and the representative suggested to sign into email using: mail.twc.com.

I did this and have  never  had quicker email retrival ever, this improved the reponse time tremendously - give it a try.

Nope, didn't help... still errored out to login page after a 1:49.

I do apologize for the webmail issues. You stated you did try going directly to the website mail.twc.com correct? If so and the issue still persists please try to clear the cache and cookies in the browser. Also trying to delete old emails can help speed up the loading times. 

Rookie

Yes, I've been experiencing the same thing for months.  It's gotten old and is ridiculous!

Observer

I use Webmail to weed out SPAM and SCAM (there should be a selection for SCAM; I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets things worse than SPAM).  The login is usually pretty good; I don't have a problem with that, but inbox, Junk Mail, Deleted Items, and etc can sometimes be dirt, snail slow.  Opening a message and then getting back to the Inbox can be painfully slow, at times.  When one thing is slow then it's all slow.  And when your checking your email on your Internet Providers Web Page you kinda expect things to blaze, but all too often that is not the case.

Your SPAM filters is another sore subject with me, but I will address that elsewhere.

Browser

Yes, I've tried mail.twc.com to no avail - the 2 different TWC sites exhibit the same problems.

I started a brand new browser session in Chrome (browser doesn't appear to have any effect, I've tried 3).  I cleared ALL the cache and history.  After logging in, I tried to sort by Name... after 4:22 it kicked me out to the login page.

As I knew it would be, the "increase in storage capacity" induced by TWC was actually detrimental to the problem.

I tried "Settings" to maybe make it sort differently.  That button doesn't work either.  kicked me out too.

Apparently the tools on the mail display page don't work well enough to give me some control to delete messages off of a server/software that is inadequate?

For example, I have 7,000+ messages in a junkhotmail account.  I sorted that one by name and didn't even have time to press the timer on my phone - it was instantaneous.

Newcomer

There is no excuse for this prolonged problem....everybody is having the same problem on multiple browsers and operating systems.

Webmail on my phone is reasonably fast.....but at home on my desktop it is not just slow....it is UNUSABLY slow.

I dont care if I have 1000s of emails....that is a lame excuse....its (edited) and they know it.

ANYTHING i try to do in TWC webmail is unbearable.....checking mail....sorting mail....searching mail....DELETING mail which is hilarious that they use the excuse of emails piling up and causing slow downs. Well (edited) I cant even delete them to reduce the amount of mail in my inbox.

The simple task of deleting unwanted emails takes HOURS

Newcomer

TWC Webmail has always seemed to be a bit sluggish.  Recently, I made an effort to reduce the number of messages in my inbox.  That process was painfully slow.  Sadly, after spending a couple hours, there was no significant improvement.  Today, I'm getting timeouts and other errors, after waiting excessively long times.

Performance is acceptable on my smart phone, so I think it's the web client.  Network performance seems irrelevant.  Choice of browsers also seems to make little difference.

Best performance seems to be during odd hours - early morning.   For a while, I attributed the poor performance to pop-up ads, which were annoying.  The ads are gone now.  Seemed to really slow down, shortly  after the change to Spectrum.

Contributor

You can file a FCC complaint against TWC at the link below.  Perhaps flooding the FCC with complaints would force them to address these constant issues. They are legally required to respond to the FCC regarding each complaint received. It only takes a minute and costs nothing:
 (removed hotlink)

Rookie

Mine has been slow on occassion for a couple of years. Sometimes I give up and try later. The last few weeks have been TERRIBLY SLOW. Everything I do on internet gives me no problems whatsoever, only TWC E-mail(all facets of it).  E-Mail part of TWC is slower than Dial-up was!!!!