Newcomer

Re: Webmail horribly slow (again, and again..and again....)

Yep... same problem here. Logging into WebMail, opening an email, trying to delete email... anything to do with a click on anything pertaining to Time Warner Web Mail is painfully slow. Have had the problem for years. Can't believe there is no answer for us. I don't have a lot of email come through my rr account anymore because of how slow it is. I ended up having to switch to yahoo mail. Would love to have this fixed to be able to use it again. (Of course no problems when I had it all downloaded onto my computer but I don't like junking up my computers anymore!!) HELP!!

Newcomer

My mail is also terribly slow.  All functions, all the time.  I have contacted TWC through chat and by phone with no solution.  They ALWAYS blame it on my equipment, which is fairly new and works fine for everything else.  It is even more slow in Windows 10.  I believe it has to do with all of the advertisements they have added to the pages.  If the ads don't load my mail won't load.  The person who said we don't want help and are just ranting must not use his email.  I personally don't have that much email.  Maybe up to 50 messages on some days but the norm is less than 25 so clogging should not be an issue.  I am looking into other servers but options are limited in my area. 

Rookie

[ Edited ]

I have been talking to tech support for over an Hour.... no resolve.  Waisting my time.  My email is like Molassas in January... he said its Internet Explorer. Then we switched to Chrome... Now he asked me to go to Firefox. then he wants me to try a differnt computer.

Newcomer

It doesn't make any difference what browser you are using. I've used them all! It is on Time Warner's end. ANYWAYS... I did notice a difference in the amount of time it took to do anything while checking out my Time Warner Web Mail. It was a quicker than normal! I'm not saying it is as quick as the other online mail servers but I noticed a difference! Maybe someone has listened and is actually trying to figure it out! I was rather tickled about it! LOL! Let's hope it's a step in the right direction!

Newcomer

Spent several hours tonight just trying to delete email using Manage Folders, while,keeping a few important messages. This ended up taking several hours, as each time I hit the delete button the server response was slow slow I got booted.

Pat one point was actually rerouted to some TWC ad!

totally useless online representative, said try another browser. OK, did that with same results. The whole system and interface is, for want of a better term, awful, and it has been that way for a long time. Representative did not know the system, said he was having to look it up,while we chatted.

Nice.

TWC is a multi billion dollar corporation that does not seem to care enough about its customers to provide an email system that is fast and reliable. 

We we will be exploring other options for TV, phone and Internet.

Browser

Sound like my most recent experience.

I had luckily been away from the RR webmail server since starting this message, and have been using GMail as my web-based, which picks up the RR email via POP3.

Anyway, I had checkboxed for GMail to leave my RR email on the pop3 server so I could get it on my phone.

Now my RR mailbox has hit capacity, and I can't Sort by sender to delete certain messages.  When I hit Sender at the top to sort, it errors out and takes me back to the RR email logiin page, after nearly 3 minutes of waiting (2:54 to be exact in the case that I waited for it).

I submitted another ticket with the request for management or Tier 3 operator to call me... it's in process.  We'll see.

GMail was going quite well, as it could operate continuously and fetch RR email whenever the RR server would be working.  Not sure of my next step now.

Newcomer

This has been a problem for years. I tend to leave my emails on the server as well and collect thousands of emails. 

I've tried from multiple computers and multiple browsers. I try to sort them so I can easily delete by groups. This, however never, ever works. It always auto logs me out before the sort is complete so this tends to make it gather more and more emails that I am unable to sort and delete. There are not enough hours in the day to go through them one at a time to manage.

The amount of emails I have on the server should not limit what I can do on it.

Browser

This issue is current btw. Something is wrong... the amount of email in our account shouldn't matter when all the functions were working before and now broken.

So stop trying to blame the customers, this all got worst when your pushing ads on our web mail client windows. Just fix the web mail please.

Browser

Really no update here as webmail efficiency has not changed a bit due to TWC not addressing the issue, but here's what has happened in the past months in my world:

- I continue to use Gmail which works fine because it can continually hit the TWC server and obtain email when it's available.  But again, this is just a bandaid to not have to wait for TWC webbased email.

- When I was having numerous conversations about fixing "my" slowness some months back, what they wound up doing was DOUBLING my email capacity.  To reiterate, my call was made because I couldn't delete email due to their server kicking me out and not being able to sort.  So to alleviate that, they just doubled my capacity, further contributing to the problem.  Again, a bandaid.

They need to stop focusing on "a technician arriving within a one hour window" marketing and help out with upgrading server efficiency or whatever it takes.

Hello...??? TWC???? Anyone there?  Please reply.

Newcomer

I am new to this blog how do I ask a question re: internet mail ? Thanks