Browser

Re: Webmail horribly slow (again, and again..and again....)

Well, I figured I'd give this a try, read on this forum about setting up the email thru another server.  I went thru my google account according to this:

https://www.redstampmail.com/resources/configuring-gmail-to-pull-mail/roadrunner.com/

After getting that set up and getting into my gmail, things seem to sort and send via okay.  But still don't have all my message downloaded into gmail. 

Since I can't insert a screenshot, I'll type the "Gmail - Mail account history - IE", action from bottom up. 

Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM15 mails fetched.
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:58 AM200 mails fetched.  14 mails remaining.
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:46 AMAuthentication error.
Server returned error "mail storage services unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again."
 Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:41 AM Authentication error.
Server returned error "mail storage services unavailable, wait a few minutes and try again."
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:37 AM 200 mails fetched.  214 mails remaining
Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:28 AM 200 mails fetched.  413 mails remaining
 Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:25 AM Error: Server is temporarily unavailable.  Server returned error "Error in RETR command: no such message"
Newcomer

I have the same problem.  Almost anything I click on takes 1-10 seconds to respond, e.g., Inbox, Send box, etc. or a mail message, etc. when any other email tool takes milliseconds.  I have tried with IE, Chrome, Mozilla on multiple laptops and iPad as well on my home network and other networks around the area and get the same slow response.  I do use Outlook on my home computer so I download emails every so often off the server, so I never have more than a hundred emails or so on the TW web server and those are all in the In Box and never more than 5% of my storage space.  Given I only have this slow of response on my TW webmail and not on anything else on the Internet or with other webmail and this has been true for years, I am convinced that the TW webmail has a structural problem and not built optimally for web access.  I could never recommend TW webmail to anyone, though the Internet connection itself and my TV and DVR service I have no issue. despite what the media reports.  The cost, of course, could be lower.

Newcomer

I've had problems with slow response - logging in, delete, moving from Deleted Items to New Mail, and Blocked Items not being blocked.  I've pruned out hundreds of emails in New, Drafts, Deleted and Folders and it helps a bit, but not muxh.   I use both Mozilla and IE11.  Is there any acknowledgement by TWC that there's problem?

Newcomer

Assuming Dexter is a TWC Tech Support staffer is looks like this webmail slowness issue will be fixed by next week.  That would be great. 

Posted in forum yesterday:

----------------------------------------------

Dexter Fernandez: at 10:43:02

The email services are free of cost.

Dexter Fernandez: at 10:43:13

You are not charged for the email services.

----------------------------------------------

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:03:52        

I have sent the details to our advance support team and they will resolve the issue.

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:03:53

Is there anything else I can help you with?

You: at 11:05:06

Will I be contacted about a resolution or attempt at such? Email or phone?

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:05:51

No, the issue will be fixed with in 24 to 48 hours.

Rookie

I COMPLETELY agree! I've suffered with this issue for years, regardless of the computer, operating system, and network bandwidth. It is utterly abysmal and completely unusable.

Right now, I have exactly 180 emails in my Inbox, and I'm at 1% of quota. I am on a very high speed Internet connection (OOKLA test says download speed 45Mbps right now). I am on a nearly new Macbook pro with 16GB RAM. From logging into TWC email, it took nearly 5 minutes to display my list of emails in my inbox.

TWC webmail is the ONLY app or site that is consistently performing poorly for me.

Browser

TWC Tech Support continually tries to pass it off on your browser, or your processor speed, or your number of messages in your inbox, or your modem speed.

Since tech support said it would be fixed within 24-48 hours, I gave them 72 and recorded the following speeds to see if anything had changed or improved.  These readings were taken last Friday morning, 10/30.  Three days after the 1-2 day improvement promise.

0:44 log in from Web Mail Login screen
0:01 select a message to read, from page 1 of inbox
0:06 hit 'inbox' to return
2:45 sort by 'from'
0:03 hit the >| link to get to last page in sort
2:59 delete 5 selected out of about 20 messages after checking boxes: result = "There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later. "
0:09 hit web browser 'back' to get to inbox after error: ....looks like apparently the messages had been deleted
3:58 backup one previous page via |<<Prev link: result = back to Web Mail Login page and I was logged out

0:29 relogin from Web Mail Login screen

Abby, These poor speed and navigation issues are written all over the TWC forums, from various cities, etc.  TWC is not acknowledging it is a problem. 

This thread is one more effort to popularize the issue so that TWC might take notice.  And nothing against 'Dexter', but I knew that was an empty resolution promise last week.

In the meantime, linking my TWC email to Gmail has proven to be an efficient way to view my TWC email via the web.  In the meantime, that is just a bandaid to the root problem however.

Knock, knock, knock.... TWC??

Rookie

Same here but mine is slow on all webmail, starting to changing from one to another mail, to deleteing . Just all of it and sure would greatly them looking into it have had this problem for a great long time and am getting to the point of not wanting to use TWC Webmail.

Rookie

I have seen this said before and nothing is never done to get the problem fixed. Typical TWC.

MSP
N/A

We've been a customer of TWC's Internet service for several years and it's always been painfully slow. If I could actually select and delete messages at a reasonable speed, they wouldn't stack up so bad. It's painful to click on every individual tiny box too. If I take more than 5 minutes to type a 'reply' to someone, I get an error message saying my message can't be sent. Checking the 'draft' file, then trying to 'send' is slow and often locks up. Good luck, I see no hope that anything will change...

Rookie

I have been dealing with these issues for over a year, TW does nothing.  Read my post dated 11/12/15 @ 7:45pm, under momdadplus3.  We use Time Warner email for business, so we are at there mercy...which they do not care about nothing but money, def not the PAYING customer.  Good luck