Browser

Webmail horribly slow (again, and again..and again....)

Will TWC please fix this ongoing problem of how horribly slow webmail is?

Please do not respond with "is it your browser?", "is it your router", "blah blah blah".  I have tried multiple (3) browsers in multiple (>5) locations to fetch email (IE, Chrome, Firefox @ home, work, various public establishments, etc). 

IT IS ALWAYS HORRIBLY SLOW, or TIMING OUT, or receiving the "There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later.  " ERROR.

My home internet browsing is typically great, reliability is excellent, TV is 98% good, WEBMAIL IS HORRIBLE.

Please address the root problem instead of trying to blame it on a piece of hardware or third party software!!!

Thank you.

43 REPLIES
Established Sharer

Re: Webmail horribly slow (again, and again..and again....)

BB01 wrote:

Will TWC please fix this ongoing problem of how horribly slow webmail is?

Please do not respond with "is it your browser?", "is it your router", "blah blah blah".  I have tried multiple (3) browsers in multiple (>5) locations to fetch email (IE, Chrome, Firefox @ home, work, various public establishments, etc). 

IT IS ALWAYS HORRIBLY SLOW, or TIMING OUT, or receiving the "There was a problem processing your last request. Please try again later.  " ERROR.

My home internet browsing is typically great, reliability is excellent, TV is 98% good, WEBMAIL IS HORRIBLE.

Please address the root problem instead of trying to blame it on a piece of hardware or third party software!!!

Thank you.

----------------------

I WISH I could help, but I DON'T see the same problem here, and it doesn't really sound like you WANT help, but just want to whine.

Valued Contributor

are you seeing the slowness more on the login page, inbox or on opening messages or is it equal on all pages?

Newcomer

I'm seeing the slowness too.  Just in navigating between emails, sorting them or anything takes so long that i usually walk away and come back later.  I ony recently went back to TWC webmail after years with Outlook.

I also get the occasional servers are down message.  My network seems fine I work from home frequently and all those connects work fine as does, streaming, cable, etc.

Browser

[ Edited ]

Matt,

The slowness is mainly occuring the following that I've experienced:

1. when selecting multiple messages with the checkboxes to delete them

2. also on choosing a header to sort all the messages.. 

3. Another time is going from page to page using the "next or previous" arrows in the upper right. 

It can sometimes take over a minute, other times I get the error I referred to earlier.  It's about a 50/50 split whether it makes it through the command or whether it errors out.

Other actions that I've performed (logging in, selecting one message to read by clicking it) can take anywhere from just a second or 2 to about 10, so that's not that bad, but seemingly slow in today's world of internet access.  I don't experience any time lag in Hotmail or Gmail, for example.

Hope that helps pinpoint a little more.

Valued Contributor

Ok, this is helpful information.

It seems the slowness happens more for searching and sorting, especially if the Inbox or Folder has hundreds or thousands of messages.  Does your Inbox have a lot of messages?  

Also for the display of messages per page, I think the default is about 25 messages per page, but the Messages displayed per page can be updated in Settings to 200 for example.  From a performance perspective its probably better if only 25 messages are displayed per page.  

I think overall I have noticed some more slowness when I have a larger inbox and display more messages per page.  I have also noticed searching mail can be slower unless the inbox has a lower number of messages or you searching something specific in the subject for example, but yes searching mail seems to be slow.  

Browser

mattfoley11 wrote:

Ok, this is helpful information.

It seems the slowness happens more for searching and sorting, especially if the Inbox or Folder has hundreds or thousands of messages.  Does your Inbox have a lot of messages?  

Also for the display of messages per page, I think the default is about 25 messages per page, but the Messages displayed per page can be updated in Settings to 200 for example.  From a performance perspective its probably better if only 25 messages are displayed per page.  

I think overall I have noticed some more slowness when I have a larger inbox and display more messages per page.  I have also noticed searching mail can be slower unless the inbox has a lower number of messages or you searching something specific in the subject for example, but yes searching mail seems to be slow.  

My inbox has probably about 300 messages right now, and I would agree that it gets slower as more messages collect.  I feel that it is unnecessarily slow though early on, with less than one page of messages.  

I haven't changed the setting so I have the default display, maybe 25 messages as you suggest. 

As stated earlier, webmail interaction just seems too slow given today's Internet speeds.  I appreciate your assistance.  

I hope TWC can give some information here. 

Thanks

Valued Contributor

You could try moving some of the older messages to a Folder, that may help.  

Newcomer

I'm having the same problem but I have between 30 and 50 emails in the inbox.  It takes between 1 - 4 minutes between hitting enter on log in to the inbox appearing.

I thought it was related to the new MS Edge browser but IE and Firefox are just as slow.  Does anybody know if there is an add on or helper app that we can install to speed things up?  I tried disabling all add-ons in IE but no effect.

Browser

After spending about 15 minutes this morning to send an email with a few attachments, I figured I'd give them another shout on chat.  Found out one thing anyway, email services are considered "free".  I know nothing will happen or improve, but here's some of the chat:

----------------------------------------------

Dexter Fernandez: at 10:43:02

The email services are free of cost.

Dexter Fernandez: at 10:43:13

You are not charged for the email services.

----------------------------------------------

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:03:52        

I have sent the details to our advance support team and they will resolve the issue.

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:03:53

Is there anything else I can help you with?

You: at 11:05:06

Will I be contacted about a resolution or attempt at such? Email or phone?

Dexter Fernandez: at 11:05:51

No, the issue will be fixed with in 24 to 48 hours.