Highlighted
Newcomer

Webmail SLOW!!

Why does it take 1 to 2 minutes to log into webmail?  I have tried mulitple browsers, different connections and every time webmail is slow.  It takes 20 secs to delete an email from my inbox.  When i call TWC they tell me no issues are reported for email servers.

Another interesting point, why are ads displayed in my webmail?  I pay for TWC services and still have to deal with ads.  Funny thing, the ads load quickly in webmail.  i guess TWC wants to make sure i get hit with ads before i can see my email.

1 REPLY
Spectrum Employee

Re: Webmail SLOW!!

[ Edited ]

You do not pay for email, it is a free feature we include with your internet service. We sell ads for anything that deals with twcc.com (Time Warner Cable Central, and our Mail portal falls under that). The ads are not downloaded from the email server, and that is why they show up faster than the emails themselves.

The reason it is slow is because the emails through Webmail are stored server side, so everytime you open it or make changes, you are downloading from and communicating with the server, whereas if you were to use an app like Outlook, the emails would download to your local machine and be far more quickly accessed once downloaded.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions