Web Mail Slow As Ever

So this has a problem since web mail started with TWC. It is as slow as ever. I mean every time I try to delete an email it takes forever. Now, try deleting 25 or 200 emails at once and you might as well go make a pot of coffee. I logged into the web mail becasue I wasn't getting emails on Outlook. That was becasue the server was full. So, I was searching for a way to empty the inbox and as some of you know, you have to go to manage folders  then click on the little folder thing that says inbox to empty it. I did that 20 minutes ago and the page is still spinning. I mean you can't find a different way to parse these emails? Its 2017 and I feel when I log into the web mail  you guys are still using dial-up. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Stop spending money on your advertisments and spend it on your servers. This is so aggrevatiing.

13 REPLIES

Re: Web Mail Slow As Ever

Good afternoon.

One thing I would suggest to speed things up is to either login to webmail prior to it reaching the full status and deleting them more frequently or changing the options in outlook to delete from the server once they have been downloaded into the Outlook program.  That would prevent your webmail quota from filling up and causing a slowdown in the wemail portal. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

For the first time in the two years I've had Time Warner internet, I'm finding it very slow in downloading. I receive quite alot of email which used to come in regularly every fifteen minutes or so.  Right now, it's 5:30 and my last email was downloaded at 3:15.  I checked my iPhone and I've had several emails since then.  Why is it taking so long?

Newcomer

This is a very weak solution.  Your webmail portal is super slow for users not even close to being at quota.  The quota is not the cause.

Lead Moderator

Good afternoon. 

@mgeorgevich7135 commented that the mailbox was over quota so in this case

it is safe to assume that at least part of the issue with latency was caused by

this mailbox exceeding the available quota for it. 

If you are experiencing slow response when using the webmail we encourage you to begin your own thread or if you are looking for direct support you can certainly contact us directly. 

Our Social Media Customer Care team would be happy to help.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I can promise you that the slowness of the email server has very little to do with the email storage size vs quota.  Time Warner simply refuses to invest in current or adequate technology or hardware.  I spent my whole evening last night deleting emails page by page and I am under 10% of quota and it still take just as long to delete a page of emails.  And if you try to empty a complete folder the page times out and then when you try to log back on to email you get an error message that says the server is not available.  And half the time my email client can't connect to the TWC server for who knows what reasons.  It's pathetic.  I am about ready to abandon TWC/Spectrum.

Newcomer

Here’s what I don’t understand.  For 3 years I downloaded, read, deleted roadrunner emails from my iPad.  Went to webmail yesterday, and ALL of those emails are still in the inbox there. So “delete” means nothing to you?  What do I have to do to make it so “delete” means “delete”?  Is that asking too much?

tdz
Newcomer

I'd like to totally agree with the complaints in this thread.  Webmail is excrutiatingly slow and difficult to maintain.  Trying to delete emails is limited to 1000, takes 5+ minutes and also causes the webmail program to error and often hours for my account to reset.  there  should be a feature to auto delete emails in the background after a period of time, eg, 1 week, 1 month, etc.  Currently it's all or nothing which leads to a large inbox. Besides improving the webmail software, the infrastructure needs to me modernized to perform adequately.  I have called 3-4 times about this same issue over the past 3-4 years and it has never improved 

Newcomer

Solved??   Are you kidding me?

This is  NOT solved.  This has been a problem with your system for years - Time Warner and now Paragon.

The "solution" is to use the current system:

• Log on - it if works - WAIT --- WAIT
  • Finally logs on. -- select whatever you want - as long as it's not over 25 --- WAIT  WAIT
  • Select delete (as long as it's not more than 25) - hit delete --- WAIT   WAIT
  • Once you spent your time deleting - select deleted mail -- WAIT   WAIT  WAIT
  • Select the "deleted mail" you want to delete -- hit "delete"  WAIT  WAIT WAIT

The process and amount of timing required is outrageous.  This does not reflect a company looking of customer satisfaction - this has been going on for YEARS

I suggest Paragon put this at some priority -- right now it's priority ZERO -- if they put the effort they put on billing into this -- it would be solved by close of business today

Newcomer

I agree. This is the most sluggist and frustrating email program I have ever seen. I have other email accounts for work and they load quickly. I wait and wait and wait for my TWC account to load. I would dump it, but it would be such a hassle to identify and notify everyone who has my TWC address.

Please make this a priority. I hate your email service.