Using mail.twc.com SMTP server from outside TWC network refuses username/password

[ Edited ]

Hi,

This is a major issue.

I can not send email from mail.twc.com from outside the Time Warner Cable network.  I connect from a friends wifi which is connected to U-VERSE and get a username/password error.

All the settings are correct.

mail.twc.com

Require authentication checked.  Using my TWC credentials

Port 587

STARTTLS

I have tried all the encryption setting s and still get the "username/password" error.

What gives???

How do I send email from another part of the world other than webmail???

4 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Using mail.twc.com SMTP server from outside TWC network refuses username/password

[ Edited ]

EstebanDime wrote:

Hi,

This is a major issue.

I can not send email from mail.twc.com from outside the Time Warner Cable network.  I connect from a friends wifi which is connected to U-VERSE and get a username/password error.

All the settings are correct.

mail.twc.om

Require authentication checked.  Using my TWC credentials

Port 587

STARTTLS

I have tried all the encryption setting s and still get the "username/password" error.

What gives???

How do I send email from another part of the world other than webmail???

I've never used the TWC email, but are you sure mail.twc.om is correct?  i would expect that it should be mail.twc.com .

Re: Using mail.twc.com SMTP server from outside TWC network refuses username/password

just a typo in the message, corrected it
Lead Moderator

Good morning, our webmail is not supported out of the country and sometimes on 

alternate carriers you will see this. 

You mentioned using settings. Logging into the webmail should not require

any of that. Have you visited mail.twc.com website to try the web portal?

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE WEBMAIL VERSION!

I want to use the built in android or gmail app.  Why is there a restriction to using these servers from outside Time Warners network???

All my other email accounts can be accessed anywhere I have internet access!