Spectator

Unable to go to mail.twc.com when connected at home

I recently received a new cable modem from Spectrum

Technicolor MTA  (MediaAccessTC8717T)

I have my own wireless router.  Everything is connected and working except I cannot get to any of the twc email sites.  I have tried all the email address mail.roadrunner.com, mail.twc.com ...., I have also tried all browers (chrome, firefox, IE)

I am unable to get my email on my Android phone when I am connected to the wireless at home.  This also happens on home PC, Laptop (directly connected to the cable modem), and Ipad.

It seems as though it doesn't think this is my TWC/Spectrum Network.  Everything was fine before I got the modem.  I have talked to atleast four TWC/Spectrum technicians and no-one can figure what I need to do to get this to work again.  Has anyone experienced this?

5 REPLIES
Spectator

Re: Unable to go to mail.twc.com when connected at home

Have there been any reported issues of this happening to anyone else TWC/spectrum?

Newcomer

I'm having the same trouble. I can get email on my android phone, but not on any pc. I tried microsoft edge, Internet explorer, and chrome. None of the websites even come up.

Spectator

My issue was the IP addess on my new spectrum modem was being blocked.  I got a new modem and everything is fine now.  Good luck

Newcomer

Thats not good for me. We got a new modem at work that I'm stuck with. What can I do about that? The web pages wont even come up. It says this page cant be displayed.

Spectator

Find out your IP address: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Go to: https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

and enter you IP address there.  That will tell you if your ip address is blocked.

Then try to work with Spectrum/Time Warner to have this site unblock your IP address, they were able to do it for incoming and outgoing email on their websites.  Although for outbound email through Outlook still would not work.  Getting a new modem worked.

Good Luck