Newcomer

Time to move on from Time Warner's (Spectrum's) e-mail service.

Today I made the decision to move on from Time Warner's e-mail service.  I've had Time Warner cable internet for 16 years.  In that time the e-mail service has never been upgraded. It's still running on ancient technology.

If I initiate a password reset for a website or need a verification code to access my bank account on the web, I don't get that e-mail immediately anymore.  It has gotten so bad that it literally takes hours for me to receive an e-mail I should've received in seconds.  This is unacceptable.

Ten years ago this technology would've been okay.  Today, it's reprehensible.  I can no longer rely on Time Warner's e-mail service to deliver mail in a timely manner, when I need it most.

I've been using the same e-mail addresses for 16 years.  I've put up with years of snail e-mail, hoping they would upgrade their service at some point.  The webmail site is unusable and now the e-mail has become unusable.

I think it's sad that a company that makes decent money on their services can't be bothered to upgrade their e-mail hardware/software.  E-mail is still a valid form of communication on the internet and is a requirement for managing accounts and identity verification.

Thankfully, I have a virtual private server.  I'll be migrating all of my e-mail to that.  The point is, though, I shouldn't have to.

1 REPLY
Established Sharer

Re: Time to move on from Time Warner's (Spectrum's) e-mail service.

crimsonghost wrote:

Today I made the decision to move on from Time Warner's e-mail service. \\

========

Anyone who REALLY needs solid email service moved LONG ago.