Spectator

TWC.com Mail Servers BLACKLISTED (BLOCKLISTED) -- Unable to send mail, or mail marked as spam

I have been getting calls from some irritated people (clients) who did not receive the emails I promised to (and did) send to them.  Some of them have told me they found my email in their junk mail folder and it was tagged as coming from a known source of spam/malware.

After some researching, I learned that a number of mail servers have blacklisted TWC.com as being a known source of high risk email traffic and numerous spam/malware campaigns.

My IP address checks out OK, but I get lumped in with all TWC.com IP addresses in the blacklist.

When is TWC going to have this cleaned up? And when were we going to be told? And what type of credit/refund will users receive for the lack of service?

3 REPLIES
Rookie

Re: TWC.com Mail Servers BLACKLISTED (BLOCKLISTED) -- Unable to send mail, or mail marked as spam

In my separate post yesterday regarding "security certificate invalid" error message preventing IMAP account set-up, I was expressing one type of problem TWC was either unable or unwilling to acknowledge and/or fix. You are expressing still another example of incompetence at TWC. Actually, TWC gave me an unbelieveable lecture as to others being the problem (and by implication I  am in those "others" in TWX terms)... this I got from TWC "top Advanced Terchnical Expert".  it iseems to me TWX ability to solve these issues is non-existant; time to drop TWC and change to a reliable & competent ISP

Observer

Re: TWC.com Mail Servers BLACKLISTED (BLOCKLISTED) -- Unable to send mail, or mail marked as spam

Can't say TWC didn't earn the blacklisting.

Reckoner wrote:

I have been getting calls from some irritated people (clients) who did not receive the emails I promised to (and did) send to them.  Some of them have told me they found my email in their junk mail folder and it was tagged as coming from a known source of spam/malware.

After some researching, I learned that a number of mail servers have blacklisted TWC.com as being a known source of high risk email traffic and numerous spam/malware campaigns.

My IP address checks out OK, but I get lumped in with all TWC.com IP addresses in the blacklist.

When is TWC going to have this cleaned up? And when were we going to be told? And what type of credit/refund will users receive for the lack of service?

Spectator

Apparently TWC has not fully resolved this problem. Through great effort on my part, I must follow up each email with a phone call to ensure it was received. Much of the time I find out that my email had been automatically marked as SPAM, because it came from a TWC.com address.

Looks like TWC is unable to provide users with the email services that we pay for.  I will be moving my email to another service, and will be looking for another (more reliable) ISP while I'm at it.

I have had enough of TWC's misrepresentations and lies.