Newcomer

TWC/Spectrum mail site slow

Prices continue to climb yet services aren't being taken care of. Your website is the slowest ever, you are unable to block contacts I submit and connectivity is poor. Not only that, you keep charging me for modem/router when I have my own. I think these issues should be addressed before raising rates for poor service. 

5 REPLIES
Observer

Re: TWC/Spectrum mail site slow

I would run a diagnostic on your network. Check out the pingtest.net and speedtest.net If there is an issue with the connection those two sites should give you an idea where the issue is at. I would suggest trying those sites first and then go from there. Usually restarting the router and modem will fix most issues.

Browser

The site wasn't near as slow in the past. The problem isn't the network. I am getting a solid 60-70 Mbps down and 5 up, most every website is fast, but the TWC/Spectrum webmail system is many times very slow. The blocking functions do nothing and the SPAM reporting apparently goes to a trash file. You can't move emails to the Junkmail folder. 

Browser

And when you say "get a real mail service", he (she) is already paying for a real mail service. Roadrunner has always had POP and IMAP for use with mail clients. However, mobile mail clients don't delete stuff from the TWC mail server when you delete it on your mobile device, so every once in a while you have to go to the webmail and clean it out.

Also, many companies have web based mail sites that are much faster than the Spectrum site.

im happy with everything about Spectrum, but their website and mail support are lacking.

Observer

Unfortunately, this has been true for many years.  Direct access to the email server is slow from the TWC internet networks and virtually inaccessable from other areas.  Sometimes, mail2web works.  SImple tasks like re-ordering take minutes as do selective deletion and spam reporting.

Note to management:  Changing the name of the company does NOT make these problems go away.

Lead Moderator

@Karma52

When you say we are unable to block contacts you submit, you are reporting these as spam and still getting them or you have manually entered them into the block senders and are still getting them? 

For connectivity issues I would encourage you to post some information in our connectivity forums. For billing concerns/issues we encourage you to contact us directly.  Forums_Help

Please include your account number and verification of your service address and the name on the account. Thank you.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums