Newcomer

Slowest Webmail site ever!!!

I can't believe how long it takes to load the email web page.  And if I want to delete anything it's even longer!  I've recently deleted everything from all my folders, ana that only took 20 minutes, and it's still showing that 11% of my mailbox is in use!  What is it going to take to get this stuff fixed to make our experience better????

3 REPLIES
Newcomer

Re: Slowest Webmail site ever!!!

It's always been like this. Maybe it is slow because of security settings at Spectrum?  I am moving to another email service that is free and it is light speed faster. 

c1
Rookie

Email arrives too late

Quite a lot of my incoming emails arrive hours or even days late.

For instance being a DPAC season ticket member I get offers ahead of public sales. These emails often arrive after the offer has expired. DPAC also sent out an email in the afternoon to tell people with tickets that the show last night had changed it's start time. I didn't receive it until after the show was over.

Other emails can be delivered within a minute like having conversation with my adult kids. Why are some so delayed? Is there some filter?

Rookie

Re: Slowest Webmail site ever!!!

I strongly suspect there are two problems contributing to the slow response of TWC/Spectrum webmail: 1) the archaic software architecture of the webmail program and user interface, and 2) the mail servers TwC/Spectrum is using are way over-loaded, and they're too cheap to invest in additional servers to balance the load.

I have four TWC/RR email accounts and three of them perform reasonably well, but the fourth is dog slow...I mean really slow. That tells me that fourth email is hosted on a server that's overloaded with too many accounts and not enough CPU power and storage and I/O bandwidth to keep up. 

Since Spectrum obviously could care less, one possible strategy might be to delete your slow emIl accounts and then re-recreate them (using a slightly different email address) in hopes that the new account will be created on a less loaded server. Or just say screw it and move to Gmail, which actually works the way webmail should work.