New Contributor
jimfs123

Sending Emails

I have spoken to a TWC Rep but they can not fix my problem. When I try to send, forward, or reply to an email (POP3) I get the following error statement: Task 'jimserna@hot.rr.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC6F) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 554 5.7.1 - Error:5.7.1:550 Blocked for abuse, see http://postmaster.rr.com/outbound_spam_control' I use Outlook 2013 and have spoken to Microsoft and determined that it is not an Outlook problem. The TWC Rep says that I am not blocked and that this msg is generated by Outlook, Microsoft says no, It only relays what the server sends. My Outlook is configured correctly. I am confused, can anyone help me?? Jim Serna
Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
ChristopherM

Re: Sending Emails

in outlook, the outgoing mail server should be smtp.roadrunner.com.  The incoming should be pop-server.hot.rr.com.  I am pretty sure you have the outgoing server incorrect.  It used to be smtp-server.hot.rr.com but is has changed.  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimfs123

Sorry, I just tried you fix and I get the same results. Thanks for you help.

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
JoeF_TWC

Jim, the error message you are receiving indicates that our network may have detected suspicious or excessive email traffic coming from your location. This can frequently be caused without your knowledge by a virus. Please run a virus scan on all your computers, then contact customer care and ask to speak with "Enterprise Risk Operations Center" (EROC). This group is responsible for placing and removing email blocks and will be able to explain your particular situation in more detail.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jimfs123

No help.  I talked to 3 Customer sevice reps and nobody know what a "Enterprise Risk Operations Center" was they refered me to TWC Security and when I contacted that place they said that they were the EROC.

I talked to Enterprise Risk Operations Center (Securtiy). They tried to change my log in to RoadRunner password, and they were not successful in doing that, then they informed me that they have nothing to do with blocking or unblocking anything and the only positive thing they did was to refer me to the TWC site that explained the error codes and that only confirmed what I already knew.

I believe that what you say is correct but I can find no one within TWC/RoadRunner who can fix it. 

I think my only solution is to get another ISP

Thank you for your help.

Please use plain text.
TWC Employee
MegaMasterX

That's correct, they don't have anything to do with blocking and unblocking, but they can take steps to remove that spam flag. Security & Abuse should be able to remove the restriction on the sending of e-mails. If you have already taken steps to clean your PC up. It concerns me that they were unable to change the password for the e-mail.  Have you tried contacting Security & Abuse one more time?

Please use plain text.
gys
New Contributor
gys

Have you all updated the DNS record settings that determines exactly where a web address points on the
web?

I know this is a TWC issue because yesterday I spent 2 hours talking to a customer rep at TWC and he identified that others are having issues with your services. 

My issue is the iPhone will not work for outgoing mail but it will receive all mail. First of all, I have gone to the Apple Store in Oxmoor in KY and worked with a techs. They've told me that many TWC customers have come in their store with this same issues and that it's an TWC issue, not Apple.

When you try and send an email it kick sback and said: A copy has been placed in your outbox. The sender address " which is my email with TWC" was rejected by the server. That being TWC's server. That is why I asking has all the DNS record been created and update for outgoing mail. Note, my email is the same email that I used to log into this community chat.

This only happens with the iPhones. The iPads, which I know the TWC techs are aware, communicates differently from the iPhones.

Also, I went over the setting with TWC in my iPhone 7 different times and they are correct. They are the same settings in the iPad and they work fine on the iPad regular and mini.

So, an internal ticket for my account with TWC was created yesterday, supposedly and this issue was to be addressed yesterday but no one called me back. I plan to call them back today later this ending unless you can identify the issues and correct them.

gys

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
love10is

Please use plain text.
Max
Max

I must of passed you in the store at Oxmoor Monday. My problem is with an IPad. I got the phones and laptop working fine. I spent 5 hours on the phone with TWC on Sunday. I wonder if this a nationwide TWC/IPAD issue or a incompetent technical support department?

Please use plain text.
gys
New Contributor
gys

You are awesome!
This worked
Instead of changing the outgoing completely I just added a second out going in the SMTP see other SMTP Servers.
TWC needs to train the customer service people on this.

Thank you!
Please use plain text.