Newcomer

Select emails won't open on phone only

I am trying to troubleshoot why certain emails won't open on my phone but will open on my laptop & PC.

There are a couple of sites that put out a daily newsletter. The newsl etter address (from) will show up in my inbox just like it always has. When I click on it though, it won't open. Opens fine on both my laptop and PC with no issues. I don't see any obvious reasons why these emails wont open.

To make things  more confusing, I just did a transaction that generated a pair of emails, one was a calendar link from hotels.com and one was a confirmation.

They both arrived in my inbox back to back, the calendar invite email opened fine, while the confirmation email won't open.

All the emails that won't open have a common issue in that they seem like they are trying to scan for the server to load images etc, but they an't find the server. This just started about a week or so ago and is really only effecting one or two sites out of the probably hundreds of sites that send me email. I haven't done anything to phone.

Any suggestions are welcome.

2 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Select emails won't open on phone only

Sounds like your phone doesn't handle emails with embedded graphics the same way your PC and laptop do.  Have you tried a different email app and/or internet browser on your phone?  Have you tried logging into your email account using a friend's smartphone on a different network?  

You might also find a posting in this forum just a few days ago to be helpful:

Re: Email images blocked. How do we display them?

Browser

Re: Select emails won't open on phone only

Ditto, this has been happening since the use of their new Spectrum webmail, not sure how but yes some emails just won't load. I am using a Samsung Galaxy and using the native email app that works fine retrieving email from other sources.