mmr
N/A

SPAM BLOCKING STILL NOT CATCHING SPAM REPORTED HERE 3 YEARS AGO

Received: from dnvrco-pub-iedge-vip.email.rr.com ([107.14.70.245])
          by dnvrco-fep07.email.rr.com

Received: from dnvrco-pub-iedge-vip.email.rr.com ([107.14.70.244])
          by dnvrco-fep24.email.rr.com

7 REPLIES

Re: SPAM BLOCKING STILL NOT CATCHING SPAM REPORTED HERE 3 YEARS AGO

I apologize for any poor experience. We have no way to manually update the spam blocker.

<insert favorite quote here...>

Check out the FAQs for a quick answer to your questions. http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/all-faqs.html
Boz
Sharer

TWC-TimK wrote:

I apologize for any poor experience. We have no way to manually update the spam blocker.

That seems like an idiotic comment.

In that case, how is there ANY spam blocking?

mmr
N/A

I got email saying  You accepted a reply to a topic you are following as a solution!  I see no solution offered.

Helper

Ironically this outfit blocks legitimate bank emails thinking its spam, one out of four emails got through in four hours.
Lead Moderator

If you receive unsolicited/unwanted email, Time Warner Cable supplies customers with the ability to report these messages as spam. Sign in to your TWC Mail and identify the unsolicited messages in your inbox and click the Report SPAM button. This process helps our support team by identifying and blocking future messages from abusing the network. You can also forward samples as attachments to spamblock@postmaster.rr.com.

You can read more about Email here:  Avoid Scams and Report Abuse

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Newcomer

I think that most everyone knows how to block an email address from spam. Spammers keep changing the email addresses to random made up emails or even legit addresses such as Amazon.com. Here is an example of one of the MANY emails i get: d4krmuzyp5h1o-wayc6npbilm.93c3ncg58xv@fo8x36ph.iconnes.nl. You block them and then the next day you get the same spam about a miracle cure for ringing in the ears with a different made up email. you block all you get then you run out of blocks TWC gives you.

Newcomer

I, too, have been reporting spam for years.  I have set up blocks (they don't work!) and filters with key words in both the "From" and "Subject".  They don't work either.  What would it take to provide a means of compiling a list of addies from which you WANT to receive email, but not allow any others in?  This should work even if the offending spamers change their IPS, names, subjects, etc.  I cannot believe this cannot be done.