Rookie

SLOW EMAIL

I am only posting this because i have a lot of time at the moment. I say this because not only have I complained many times already but I see MANY others complaining about it too. EMAIL IS RIDICULOUSLY SLOW AND THE SOLUTIONS THAT ARE ALWAYS GIVEN ARE A WASTE OF TIME!!!!! TWC AND NOW SPECTRUM WILL DO ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO FIX IT!!!! After reading an email i want to go back to my inbox...better pack a lunch it will be awhile before it reloads!!! Sending an email?? pack dinner! oh you want to read the next message?? take a nap and come back. There is NO reason whatsoever it should EVER be this slow. Called tech one time "clear your browser history" "delete cookies" "erase cache" ...NO I'M SORRY but you shouldn't have to do this EVERY time you want to check your email IT'S 2017 HELLO!!!!!!! There. I feel better now that I have excersized my two typing fingers and completely wasted 2 minutes of my life but you know what? it was faster than checking  my email.

5 REPLIES
Lead Moderator

Re: SLOW EMAIL

I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your email. Have you experienced

this while using a email program or have you used only webmail? What percentage of

storage have you left in the mailbox? How many in your folders? If you have a very 

large amount of emails in your inbox or another box you may want to download and 

store those locally to increase the responsiveness to the email portal.

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

wow I am a little blown away sorry - in the years I've complained about the email I've never had an intelligent response! I actually had given up but like i said in my post i had time, i was bored! lol - no i'm not using a program like Outlook i use the web mail. it has 7% used only.  When you say download and store locally are you talking about using Outlook or is there another way? I don't mind using Outlook if that solves the problem i was just too lazy to set it up. Let me know if there's another way

thanks!

Lead Moderator

If you are only at 7% that should not be a contributing to the issue. I would suggest

using an email client, you may find that bypassing loading in the webportal you have

increased responsiveness as it is being pulled from the mail server directly to the client rather 

than having to load on the webpage.

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.

Newcomer

Thanks Julia     This is a somewhat related question.  I must enter my email address and password every single time I open my Roadrunner email.    What can I click to chage that ?

Lead Moderator

@garymgmc I am sorry for the delay in answering. You may be able to set your browser 

to save that information and auto fill that.

What browser are you using to utilize the email portal?

Regards,
Julia R.