Not applicable

Roadrunner email with switch to Spectrum

I am currently still on TWC/Spectrum with a Roadrunner email address.  In order to upgrade my services I have to switch to a Spectrum "code" according to the agent I was chatting with.  Overall the services seem superior for about the same price.  If I do that, will I still have my roadrunner email?  It is associated with hundreds of things.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Trusted Helper

Re: Roadrunner email with switch to Spectrum

@smeador63wrote:

I am currently still on TWC/Spectrum with a Roadrunner email address.  In order to upgrade my services I have to switch to a Spectrum "code" according to the agent I was chatting with.  Overall the services seem superior for about the same price.  If I do that, will I still have my roadrunner email?  It is associated with hundreds of things.

Hello,

I believe that you should.  There are issues with Road Runner email relating to security as the foundation for Roadrunner is fifteen years old.  Too bad that you have so many connections with that account.  Webmail from a service such as Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.com is more secure than Roadrunner, always up-to-date, and is offered to you on any device with Internet access for the rest of life.

Cable/Dish providers were never intended to be email providers, and because of this, only provide a very average level of email security at best.

Satch

Helper

Re: Roadrunner email with switch to Spectrum

Yes you will keep your existing .rr email address, but as mentioned, you really should consider migrating all of your stuff to an independent email account that isn't tied to your ISP. What if tomorrow AT&T or some other ISP offered you a deal you couldn't refuse but couldn't take it because you would lose your email address.