Rookie

Receiving emails not addressed to me !!

Among other problems with TWC email, such as LiveMail not working and other issues mentioned in this Forum, I am receiving over 20 emails per day not addressed to me.  These emails have ads and end with a long message in a foreign language.  I started blocking these emails but it is very time consuming.  What can I do to remedy this issue ??

2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: Receiving emails not addressed to me !!

snapper20 wrote:

Among other problems with TWC email, such as LiveMail not working and other issues mentioned in this Forum, I am receiving over 20 emails per day not addressed to me.  These emails have ads and end with a long message in a foreign language.  I started blocking these emails but it is very time consuming.  What can I do to remedy this issue ??

#1 You need a better spam filter.

#2  Every time you open one of these email messages, there are likely images that are displayed in the body of the message.  These images are downloaded an HTML server  (whether you click on them or not -- if you see it, they see you) operated by the spammer, and his server will know, based on code he put in the image / email, that you received the message, and you opened it.  Bingo - good email address to spam.

Stop opening email messages from people you don't know, and change your email address.. Use something free and portable, like gmail, so that if you ever change ISP's later, your email address travels with you.  In addition, gmail offers great spam filtering. 

Rookie

Re: Receiving emails not addressed to me !!

I have a difficult time accepting your advice that these messages are spam. The advice to change email address is not acceptable as it would create a lot of work .