I have Outlook 2016 (32bit via Office 365, Win 8.1 64bit). For years, I had been getting my Roadrunner email using POP, but recently I started getting connections errors (0x800CCC13), for which I unsuccessfully tried all of the remedies I could find on the Internet (including starting Outlook as an Administrator). Because none of those solutions seemed to work (and because I really had been intending to make the change anyway), I decided to set up my Roadrunner email to be accessed via using IMAP, in the hope the change wold provide better service.
I have now tried - MANY times over MANY days - to access my TWC Roadrunner Email using IMAP. Nothing shows up and nothing gets sent out. I have checked and double checked everything I can think of, but nothing I've done makes it work.
I desperately need help getting my email running.
I am pretty sure everything (at least everything I know about) is set up properly, because Outlook's Setup consistently reports that the test messages are successful, and because all of those test messages actually are present in my email list when I look at my emails via Webmail.
BUT, when I run Outlook's Send/Receive, NO emails ever show up in my Outlook Inbox (or in any other folder), nor do any emails I create in Outlook ever get sent out from Outlook.
(I have tried to copy all of the screens to show specifically what I have done, if anyone needs to see them.)
The Internet settings I used are what I understand TWC specifies:
1. Both the incoming and outgoing servers are identified as "mail.twc.com";
2. "Outgoing Server" is set to require authentication. [Here, I have tried both "Use same settings" and "Log on using" (filling in the complete email address and password. There is no difference.]
3. The ports are set to 143 (incoming) &587 (outgoing). [Although TWC does not specify any encryption choices for either the incoming or outgoing ports, I have tried them as None/None, Auto/Auto and SSL/TLS - all produce successful "test message" reports from Outlook setup.]
FWIW, "Login using SPA" is not checked.
I have looked at the subscribed IMAP folders in Outlook, and the list includes "Inbox", as well as what appear to be all of the other folders I can see using Webmail. All of those same folders also show up in the list of folders on the main Outlook screen. Nevertheless, none ever has any emails delivered to it!
What am I doing wrong and how do I get this working correctly?
Thank you in advance
It sounds like you have all the settings correct. Since you can access email via TWC webmail, it is definately an issue with the Outlook setup. I included a link to Outlook 2016 Support which also includes a link to the Outlook Answer Desk. If you are still having difficulty, I would suggest contacting Microsoft directly.
Thank you for your participation in the Forums!
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
I have a same issue with TWC email and Oiutlook 2016 using WIndows 10. I am sorry, but this is not a good reply. It is up to TWC to post a step by step instructions how to set the email up. I have also a comcast account and they provided a step by step set up instructions with screen shots and it was easy and worked really well. It is not up to Microsoft to provide instructions for every email provider. It is up to the provider to specify how to use the appropriate software.
I am a long time TWC customer, but it seems that TWC is way behind.
What a terrible reply. I am having the same issues. It is able to download mail from the server but not able to connect and send dispite the correct set-up as listed on the TWC website (although outdated as TWC of course does not have recommendations for the latest 2 versions of outlook.)
I dont think this is limited to Outlook either as my IPAD also seems to have intermittent trouble with sending mail.
I reget the day I ever decided to use a road runner email account, maybe now is the time to finally cut ties with TWC and switch, god knows there is faster internet out there.
Try the settings in the TWC mail settings FAQ:
The trick for me was getting the port information right. The port settings are found in the Advanced settings during the manual setup of a new account in Outlook
I am also having the same problem with Outllook 2016 and Windows 10. Have gone to the website provided by Spectrum, and used all of the settings given by Spectrum, and it still fails every time.
I agree that this is an unacceptable customer care response. This appears to be a frequent enough problem that Spectrum tech support should have a solution.
Certainly makes me want to consider using another service provider, not to mention making me hesitant to recommend Spectrum to other potential customers.
I'm using Outlook 2011 with MAC OSX and Outlook is definitely the culprit. 2 things to try... 1) check user name settings in account and instead of leaving the domain off include the domain (like instead of 'johndoe' use 'firstname.lastname@example.org'); 2) if having trouble sending email, use 25 as the SMPT port (I know this old POP3 port, but it works for IMAP setup also).