Rookie

Problems Receiving emails

Why can I not receive emails from gmail and Comcast users?  My blocked senders/domain list is blank.  I tried adding contacts to safe senders list but I still cannot receive them.   On occasion, the emails will show up in the Junk mail folder but normally I just do not get them.  This has only been happening over the last 3-4 days.  I use Windows Live Mail.  What's changed?

7 REPLIES
Boz
Sharer

Re: Problems Receiving emails

Have you checked the webmail interface to see if you can see them?

Spectrum Employee

Teeby wrote:

Why can I not receive emails from gmail and Comcast users?  My blocked senders/domain list is blank.  I tried adding contacts to safe senders list but I still cannot receive them.   On occasion, the emails will show up in the Junk mail folder but normally I just do not get them.  This has only been happening over the last 3-4 days.  I use Windows Live Mail.  What's changed?

We don't support 3rd party software for email access. You may need to check the send/receive server settings, but realistically you should use mail.twc.com to access your email if you seem to be having issues as that is our supported method of email access.

I am a Spectrum employee but my posts are my own thoughts and opinions
Rookie

Just so you know, my emails are not coming to my twc webmail, which is the first thing I checked.  When Windows Live Mail doesn't seem to be working, I always use my webmail account.  Everything I tried was in my webmail account, ie checking the settings, blocked senders/domail list, and the 'Junk Mail' folder, which is where a few of the emails were.   Realistically if webmail was a little more 'user friendly', I would use it all the time.

Rookie

Yes.  Everything in my original post applied to webmail, ie checking the settings, blocked senders/domain list, etc.  I just indicated that I use Windows Live Mail for information purposes only.   On occasion, Window Live Mail will 'stop' working but usually it is only for a short period of time (an hour at the most), so logging onto my webmail account is the first thing I do when having email issues.  But according to other co-workers they are having the same issues with Time Warner and Comcast and this has been going on since the early part of last week.

Observer

I'm not receiving my emails either.  Some that were sent yesterday morning I didn't receive until last night.  Also I have asked & asked for a better webmail program.  I hope they get both of these things fixed/better soon.

Newcomer

I recently purchased a MacBook and retired my Toshiba laptop. I also have an iPhone and iPad.

I use Outlook on my Mac. Since moving to the Mac I am having difficulty receiving email on the iPhone and iPad. TWC insists this is an Apple issue and Apple has been trying to sort this out with no luck to date. I admire their patience. I noticed on my iPhone and iPad accounts that there is no "push" option for mail, only "fetch". I don't know if this is relevant or not.  The two devices appear to be trying to access mail but nothing happens. Occasionally, but not always, if I turn both off (iPhone and iPad) and restart them I will get my mail. This is very frustrating. TWC account setup on both devices is according to TWC recommendations. Any advice?

Observer

I used to use the Live mail. However, there were too many issues with that setup. So I switched to Microsoft Outlook (the office suite) and I have not had any issues since then. In fact it seems to work well with the integrated security (McAfee or Symantec). Not to mention that it is easy to navigate and use.

I would also like to make a side note that in most cases, all you have to do is type in your email address and password. Once you do that, the software will attempt to configure the settings automatically. If you are using the email address from twc, Microsoft Outlook 2013 and higher will configure the settings automatically. (At least it did that for me).