I have been experiencing errors within Outlook 2013 when checking my TWC email.
I regularly receive the following error message -
Server Response: '-ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.', Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
If I leave Outlook open and check back 30+ minutes later, sometimes the error is gone and my emails are delivered. Other times not.
Also, this problem exists on multiple different PC's which are in different physical locations (25+ miles apart) with different email addresses. This leads me to believe the problem is on the server side and not a setting or switch within the Outlook client.
Any help would be appreciated.
In my original entry I didn't include the complete error message and I included an incorrect error code. Here is the full correct error message --
Task 'firstname.lastname@example.org - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.'
I am having the exact same issues with no resolution after working with mutiple "technicians" at TWC over the past week. I have Outlook 2010 and have my account set up as a POP3; intentionally not setting it as IMAP due to my requirement to save archived emails on a .pst file. This set up has been working just fine since I established my account back in 2003. I know the outgoing server port changed from 25 to 587 and host name is now "mail.twc.com" for both incoming and outgoing servers. All is set up fine, but I get the same error message most of the time.
I seem to have narrowed it down to some conflict between the incoming server providing emails to my Outlook (PC) and my remote device (iPhone) at the same time. If I turn off my iPhone, I get my messages in Outlook (PC), but when I then turn on my iPhone, it cannot retrieve email. If I turn off Outlook/computer, my email can now be received by my iPhone. This all just started happening mid-Apr 17. What's more confusing is that my wife's email account, set up exactly as mine in Outlook, on the same PC, and in here iPhone works fine! And, If I add her account to my iPhone, it all works fine! It just seems to be my account!??
No one at TWC/Spectrum has been able to figure it out, so all I get told is that the web server is fine and that it must be my iPhone. I even went so far as to buy a new phone yesterday, but of course, that did not resolve the problem. It only set me back $750 for no good reason! Then I'm told that it must be Outlook, but as i kep telling them, my wife's account is set up exactly like mine and all works fine!
I'm now looking into moving from Spectrum to another provider since they seem unable to fix this issue. And, since I have a bundled package (TV,Internet, Phone), they will be losing my $350/month account all because their tech support is unavble or unwilling to provide the proper attention to this issue.
I would like to know why TWC or Microsoft are not addressing this. I have had this issue now for nearly an entire month (Outlook Pro 2010, Windows 7, Norton antivirus), and I have spent over 4 hours all together with tech support at MS, TWC, and Symantec - when a "fix" has been accomplished, it all starts up again the next time I log in, which is every day. MS is trying to force users towards the 365 app and Windows 10; TWC is tweaking their systems due to the merger with Spectrum; who know whether Symantec has anything to do with it or not (NIS).
I am frankly very tired of not being able to rely on two business email accounts I have had with TC now since 2002 - 15 years. And no one is FIXING this - somone in tech knows what is going on and they are just hoping there is not too much fallout while they continue upgrades etc.
EXACT same issue here. Everything had been working fine with dual iphones and dual networked workstations.....One of the workstations needed replaced and is now running Office 2016. Since the new installation, that workstation MUST have outlook closed or 2nd workstation receives error message. Iphone receives messages whether workstation 1 has outlook open or closed.......(Workstation 1 is the new pc running office 2016--Workstation 2 is receiving the error messages after working flawlessly for years and with no changes made to settings)
Spectrum states it is a microsoft issue and is unable to offer any assistance.