Re: Outlook Email Program does not work with Spectrum

Julia, lots of people are reporting the same problem, outlook is incompatible with spectrum (I can receive but not send), the responses from tech support are inconsistent at best.

What is the specific solution? Referring us to another page is useless

Still waiting for a usefull response Julia/Spectrum, lots of time wasted with your customer service reps, some are great and are aware of the problem but just dont know how to solve it, others have no clue at all.

Bottom line is, as one poster stated, this is all about Spectrum, its reasonable for us customers to expect that Spectrum is compatible with Outlook, and once Spectrum understand there is an issue, as Julia knows by reading this thread, to solve it and not just give us lip service or send us on fools errands.

Still waiting

Newcomer

Absolutely correct, this is a problem with the Spectrum IMAP server.  After hours on the phone with Spectrum tech support, and Microsoft tech support, here's what I've learned: my Outlook 2016 mail account was converted from POP to IMAP by a Spectrum tech a few months ago.  Since then I've had problems.  Finally, last week, messages started getting stuck in my outbox. So I recreated my POP mail account, as a second account, and tested it; viola, messages don't get stuck in the outbox, but they're still getting stuck in the IMAP account.  Also, I have an iCloud account in the same Outlook program and nothing gets stuck there; this mail goes to a non-Spectrum server.  Also, messages from my iPhone don't get stuck (also a diffferent server). Spectrum techs have been told to tell you the problem is Outlook;(edited).  I had one even tell me it was my computer and I should call Dell!  BTW, I am using all Spectrum-specified account settings. Can you spell outrageous?

N/A

My problem is the opposite, I can send but not receive email in Outlook 2016 using POP3.  I have two other TWC email accounts set up in Outlook and they work fine.  My settings for all accounts are the same with the exception of the user name and password.  During a chat the rep said I should change to IMAP, which is not what I want to do.  TWC email worked fine for years but has been problematic since the change brought by its acquisition by Spectrum.

Newcomer

I'm helping my mother with a similar issue.  Outlook 2016 is setup for IMAP.  Sending seems to work OK. Email is sent and folders are synchronized. When waiting for an email to come in, however, it takes a long time, maybe 1/2 hour or longer.  I see a "Send/Receive" indication at the bottom of Outlook, but no messages will be received.  Once I see the words, "Synchronizing" then the email is sent from the server, but there is no setting for this interval in Outlook that I can find. The word at the bottom of the email program says, "connected."  Looking for any answers.  Have gone through all the settings.

Thanks.