Newcomer

Outbound Mail Blocked

This is a recent development and only happens when using my daughter's Comporium home wireless network.  No issues until we did a hard reset on the wireless router/modem at the end of December.  Receive mail fine everywhere, send mail fine everywhere except on her home network.  Spectrum - Time Warner issue?  Comporium issue?  DSL router/modem issue?

2 REPLIES
Trusted Helper

Re: Outbound Mail Blocked

joestang44 wrote:

This is a recent development and only happens when using my daughter's Comporium home wireless network.  No issues until we did a hard reset on the wireless router/modem at the end of December.  Receive mail fine everywhere, send mail fine everywhere except on her home network.  Spectrum - Time Warner issue?  Comporium issue?  DSL router/modem issue?

Hello,

If Spectrum is your email provider, especially from the legacy TWC/Road Runner days, I would stop using Spectrum for email.  Spectrum was never designed to be an email company and only provides essentials.  Poor security with their old grandfathered Road Runner TWC footprint has not been updated in more than a decade.

The solution is to switch to a web-based email, such as Yahoo Mail, Gmail, or Outlook.com.  All very good and much better security.  Gmail gives you access to Google Drive, a Microsoft Office compatible suite and Outlook.com gives you access to Microsoft Ondrive, which includes an  online version of Microsoft Office with about 85% of what is found in the paid versions.  I like Google Drive better, because it has more free storage and no Ribbon interface like all versions of Microsoft Office have.  No Office suite in Yahoo Mail, but still very good!

Regardless of web mail provider chosen, get one and only one ad blocker for each of your web browsers.  More than one will conflict, so uninstall multiple ones if this applies to you.  I would recommend Ad Block Plus.  It stops the ads in your email.  And if you have Spectrum Internet, you will have fast Internet already, with everything on the web-based server, instead of on Spectrum's end.  With one of the three web mail options, you will have much better reliability and security.

Satch

Established Sharer

Re: Outbound Mail Blocked

Comporium appears to be a direct competitor to Spectrum in portions of SC and NC.  They offer ethernet services and home networking hardware.  Did you expect to get technical support here from the TWC forum volunteers for someone else's equipment and email services?