Newcomer

Not Receiving Emails from known senders

Emails from contacts I have received emails from in the past are suddenly not showing up. Some are replies to emails I have sent and some originate from the sender. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated?

1 REPLY
Trusted Helper

Re: Not Receiving Emails from known senders

Dogmuck wrote:

Emails from contacts I have received emails from in the past are suddenly not showing up. Some are replies to emails I have sent and some originate from the sender. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be appreciated?

Hey,

My recommendation would be don't use Spectrum email.  Get an Internet email account like Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail.com, or Gmail.com.  Sign up is free, better security and spam guard than Spectrum Mail.  You should also get a pop-up blocker (only one needed in each of your browsers, more than one may slow down your browsing.)  I recommend Ad Block Plus for each of your browsers.  It will block 99% of ads on web pages and even you tube videos, as well as Web Mail providers.

Gmail also gives you access to Google Drive.  (A Microsoft Office compatible suite that is really good.)  Outlook.com gives you a Microsoft Account, with not only access to Outlook online, but also Microsoft Office Online, which can do about 80% of the tasks in paid Microsoft Office versions.  I prefer Google Drive because it  doesn't have the ribbon interface, and seems easier to use.  Real Time collaboration is great on Google Drive!

TWC/Charter=Spectrum-  Neither than or now, were the intended to be an email provider.  I would make the switch to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com.  All free and all very good! 

Satch