Highlighted
Spectator

No Support from Spectrum (for email)

During trip to Europe last year I had very poor experience with mail2web. Afterwards I read many topics in these forums about email access outside USA. Then I wrote a topic headed, "mail2web.com - please share good and bad experiences " After only two days, and no responses that were enlightening,  a community manager closed the topic and asked me to call Spectrum. In the past month I called Spectrum twice and used online chat once. In all three cases the customer service person I spoke with did NOT KNOW that mail.twc.com is blocked outside the USA. Since they did not know the starting point of the difficulty, they could not help. Where can I go to get proper help??? Thanks for any replies. 

3 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: No Support from Spectrum (for email)

I'm curious...what kind of help are you looking for? It's not supported outside the US. Are you looking to file a complaint or make a suggestion to Spectrum to allow access overseas? 

The training of the CSRs is very hit or miss in my own experience. I use a TiVo and CableCard and you have no idea how difficult it can be to find reps and even techs that have a clue about them.

Spectator

Thanks for your reply. Last year it was suggested that I use mail2web.com to access my TimeWarner account from outside US. Some people have good experience with this but I had a bad experience and don't know why. I was seeking help with the "why" and how to overcome the problem.

Lead Moderator

Because the Mail2Web website is not managed by Spectrum we are not able to troubleshoot why you had issues with using that. 

I would suggest contacting them directly for assistance/information on 

why it did not work well for you. 

http://mail2web.com/contact-us/

If you have an alternate email service that is supported outside of the US you may want to just forward your Spectrum Email to that during a trip. You would not be able to send from that Spectrum address but would receive those being sent to you. You could, if needed, reply to them using that alternate email service. 

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums